Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Dungeon Maps

Post Dungeon Maps

This is one of my recently created dungeon maps. Feel free to stock and modify it for personal, non-commercial use. My apologies for the poor resolution.

Designer's Map Notes

- Upper elevations are shaded light gray.
    - Some statues are actually stone/clay/iron/flesh guardians/golems.
    - Adventurers arrive in area 1 via teleport (trap), tunnel + trap door in ceiling, or as GM desires.
    - Area 3 (& a-c in the cavernous area) is filled with icy water from a source I neglected to illustrate. Feel free to make something up.
    - Area 12 alcoves: contains ceramic and crystal urns and vases.
    - The right side of the dungeon complex can only be accessed through 1 or 2 of 3 secret doors, or the stairs on the other side of the chasm in area 13.
    - The stairs in area 13 allow for dungeon expansion to an upper and lower level.
    - Area 15: summoning chamber of a high priest. That's his/her consecrated altar in area 14. The sculptures depict avatars of the priest's deity.
    - 17, 37 & 45 are crypts.
    - The false door at 22a (or 24a, depending on how the labeling is interpreted ) teleports victims to an airtight, sealed cell (33). The possibility of suffocation might be a concern.
    - Area 28 has a low ceiling (8'), contains a pressure plate (placed at GM's discretion) that causes a pair of portculli (thin black lines - again, apologies for the poor quality) to seal off the exits, and the chamber to fill with water (or acid, if the GM is feeling particularly unforgiving). The water will not reach beyond the top of either staircase but will be sufficient to drown the room's occupants.
    - Area 30: contains a statue at the center of a dais or fountain.
    - The passage between area 32 & 35 suffered a cave-in. That dark glob is rubble.
    - Area 39 contains one-way doors that open inward and forcefully slam shut; to change the direction they open, see below. Additionally, the pillars are randomly trapped.
    - The "hot side" of the fire wall in area 39 faces outward and it guards a magical device at the center of the room that switches the direction the doors open (inward/outward).
    - The wall near the middle of area 44 contains 2 spy holes/arrow slits.
    - Area 49: contains a large, un/holy water fountain that should match the un/holy sanctuary in area 50.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	D1c2a1a.png 
Views:	2254 
Size:	57.1 KB 
ID:	15731   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	D1c2a-key.png 
Views:	494 
Size:	9.2 KB 
ID:	15732  

Always cool to see a nice well done CC map.
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Nice combo of old-style cyan with a newer CC 'flair'
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Thanks for the comments! I just "finished" level 2; I don't have ideas for another level so this project is done for now. Both maps were exercises in layout and design so they will probably remain unpolished. I won't bore anyone with feature commentary as before . Thanks for looking.

Name:	D2c2b1.png 
Views:	742 
Size:	122.2 KB 
ID:	15812  

Guild Journeyer

Nice Dungeons. I love old school crawls.
    “Maps encourage boldness. They're like cryptic love letters. They make anything seem possible.”
    -Mark Jenkins

Belgium - Lands of chocolate and the Marsupilami

Quote Originally Posted by wormspeaker View Post
    Nice Dungeons. I love old school crawls.
    Those days of old, when we were young... I prefer the second map. Clear and nice. Repped.

I used it as an example
    C'est peut être un détail pour vous,
    Mais pour moi, ça veut dire beaucoup

Rather than start a new thread, I will add maps to this one. Here are two versions of the same map, with and without labels.

Name:	D3d2b.png 
Views:	436 
Size:	957.8 KB 
ID:	17103   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	D3e.png 
Views:	448 
Size:	1.20 MB 
ID:	17104  
    Last edited by mrrkyl; 10-20-2009 at 10:32 AM. Reason: Reference added: This is Map #3.

This is a larger dungeon complex (with and without labels) that has varying depths. The three rivers slope downward toward the lakes but I left those details and the height of each waterfall to the discretion of the GM. The dotted turquoise lines (1a) in the central caverns indicate low ceilings.

Unless otherwise noted, each square on my dungeon maps is 10'x10'.

Name:	D6-2d.png 
Views:	3045 
Size:	46.4 KB 
ID:	17226   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	D6-2c.png 
Views:	1173 
Size:	40.9 KB 
ID:	17227  

Blog Entries

Real nice maps there. I feel in a repping mood...

Bonk! I dub thee repped. I'd shudder to think what a two to four page sized megadungeon of yours would look like....

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast