Thread: Maptool

Post Maptool

I forget whether I posted in the VTT thread, but lazy selfish 'ol me didn't bother to check. Either way I haven't gotten much response yet.

I'm looking to sort of learn the ropes of both Maptool and gamemastering. I may be taking something on soon and I have a grand total of one (count 1) session of star wars in as a wookie who couldn't speak standard and never fired a shot or ripped an arm off.

I suppose a couple demo games with RPGA at Penny Arcade Expo should count, but only kinda sorta. Anyone got campaigns I can eavesdrop or cameo in on? Or someone willing to help with a dry run letting me ask questions as we go along? Have headset will ventrilo or teamspeak if wished.

I'm still willing to find some time bedwyr it was just not the right weekend or week this time round...

Also, if you'll try the maptools forums, I've been allowed to lurk in several sessions, it helped alot in my getting things squared away...
    My D&D/Roleplaying Blog Making a new effort to update every two weeks!
    Gimp Gradient Basics

Community Leader Facebook Connected torstan's Avatar

I've got no time either I'm afraid. I agree that the maptool forums should be a decent hunting ground and you can also pm Dorpond. He's usually willing to run demos.

What I did was run two instances of maptools at once on my computer with a campaign downloaded from the forums. I had one as the player and one as the gm. It let me play around with the commands and see what happened with vision blocking and lighting ect ect.