Thread: Downtime this weekend for upgrade!

Administrator Facebook Connected Robbie's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Post Downtime this weekend for upgrade!

Just wanted to drop a note to you all about some planned downtime this weekend. Hoseman and I are going to try and tackle the big shift from phpbb2 to vBulletin. This should end up with a seamless transition as far as your accounts, groups, posts and attachments are concerned; to include private messages and everything.

What may end up being an issue in the short term is the look and feel of the forums. I am more interested in installing the software and getting the data imported at first than I am the look of the forums, so if you come here after Sunday and everything is white and blue like a default install, don't fear...still try and log in and post as if nothing had changed, the pleasant look and feel will be back for sure.

I thank you all for your patience and support! And know that this couldn't have happened without your donations, participation and encouragement!
    All Hail FlappyMap! Long Live MapFeed!

Robbie Powell - Site Admin

Administrator Facebook Connected Robbie's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Actually this was all me. Hoseman was unavailable yesterday, so I wound up doing it by myself...luckily I didn't need the help after all...though I probably would have gotten done sooner had I had him around.

But thank you! And thanks again to everyone who donated! You know who you are
    All Hail FlappyMap! Long Live MapFeed!

Robbie Powell - Site Admin

Guild Member

Hi All,

Congratz on the new look - very clean !

Only issue ive seen so far is it appear slow to load but i guess it could just be internet lag.

Regards

Roger