Thread: DnD Elemental Chaos

Wip DnD Elemental Chaos

Thanks to Ascension's awesome tut and some practice I tried to make some funky stuff for my DnD games that I dm, here is what I came up with for an Elemental Chaosesque map hehe.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Elemental Chaos.jpg 
Views:	1587 
Size:	3.42 MB 
ID:	15769  

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

That's pretty neat so far.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Love me some hell maps. Just put some towns and labels on it and there ya go.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Professional Artist Facebook Connected Coyotemax's Avatar

Looks like stepping off the edge would be very hazardous to one's health

I like it so far..

My finished maps
    "...sometimes the most efficient way to make something look drawn by hand is to simply draw it by hand..."

Guild Member

Ah, the Elemental Chaos. I firmly, did not like it when I first read they had merged the elemental planes. I've since warmed up to it considerably, even using it in my current cosmology. (Note to self: make cosmology map.)

I like this allot. I feel like I could show this to players and they'd get excited about the first fight. Now all you need is a river or lake, coexisting beyond all logic with the rampant fire.

Yeah, at first I was....HEY! QUIT MESSING WITH MY ELEMENTAL PLANES! But then as I read it and came to understand the 'whys' of why they did it, I came to love it.

For those not aware the concept was this. Of the 4 Main Elemental plane (not the para or quasi elemental planes) 3 of them are 'instantly' lethal to visitors not pre-equipped to survive there. Fire - Burn to death. Earth - Crushed by the ever present rock and earth. Water - Drown. Only Air allowed a visitor to survive the initial crossing.

BUT WAIT People said, to make it more survivable, why not have 'pockets' of air so people can breath, and maybe pockets of water to cool down, and pockets of earth so they have someplace to walk, and maybe pockets of.....

Well, that is the Elemental Chaos. Large swaths of fire, and Water, and floating motes of Earth, all contained in a breathable atmosphere.

So I like the map above. But where is the Abyss?
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

Nice looking start.

Is this going to be just a small part of the EC? After all, it's very nature is chaotic, unstable and ever-changing, A very difficult entity to map. I'm interested to see where you take this.

DMG