Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cruzamento De Rio (River Crossing)

Guild Member

If you're bored Coyote go ahead, and certainly no rush. I don't think we'll hit it for a couple months easy. Otherwise, I'll right it off as an odd form of Elven. . .

Professional Artist Facebook Connected Coyotemax's Avatar

I've actually got 2 versions now, one with all labels removed and one with all (well mostly all) english translations. I left a few things the way they are for local flavour (Bha'ab's Smithy, for example) and I resisted naming things like "No Street for Old Men"

If you want the unlabelled version let me know, it was mostly for my own archival purposes.

The more I look at this the more I'm considering doing a closeup version of Darktown (the more labrynthine area just north of the tanner's paddock). I'm thinking that area could be very much like the slums area in Sanctuary (Thieve's World) - practically unmappable, and navigable only by those who grew up there, even if they do have a sketched out map, heh.

I can just see the conversation now..
    Player1: "What do you mean we're lost, we have a bloody map."
    Player2 :"We do have a map. Hey GM, you said this was an accurate map of the town, how can we be lost?"
    GM: "No, the guy who sold it to you said it was an accurate map of the town. "
    Player1 and player1 (in unison): "Oh crap"
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cityfinal_english.jpg 
Views:	134 
Size:	2.68 MB 
ID:	15787   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	city english2.jpg 
Views:	175 
Size:	2.72 MB 
ID:	15794  
    Last edited by Coyotemax; 08-11-2009 at 08:16 PM. Reason: woops, uploaded the unlabeled version! Meh, have both :)

My finished maps
    "...sometimes the most efficient way to make something look drawn by hand is to simply draw it by hand..."

You are a mapping machine. I love your work. Read your Rep comments.

Thanks for the comments everyone, feedback has been noted and will be taken into consideration for the next venture

My finished maps
    "...sometimes the most efficient way to make something look drawn by hand is to simply draw it by hand..."

Guild Member

Oh excellent indeed.

*scratches head* Im just wandering.. Would you mind if I kind of stole your buildings, and maybe pallisades? It would look similair.. But not as magnificent as yours.. Im just wandering because this style is golden to me.

Edit: Scratch that it would take too much time. So, better yet could you just tell me how to get the little highlight's at the top of the roofs and maybe the textures?
    Last edited by eViLe_eAgLe; 07-10-2011 at 05:37 AM.

Everything I did is from this tutorial: http://www.cartographersguild.com/sh...-Town-Tutorial
    Granted I didn't necessarily follow perfectly, I deviated a few places to make it my own, but the roofs and palisades are pretty much straight from the tut.

oh, and post a Work in Progress thread - the feedback will be valuable as you go

My finished maps

Thanks!
    Last edited by eViLe_eAgLe; 07-10-2011 at 10:31 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12