Thread: My First Map I have ever made, The known world or Terra Firma

Guild Applicant Facebook Connected

Map My First Map I have ever made, The known world or Terra Firma

The map was split in a variety of areas, including mainly the Empire of Cartonia, The Aeldari Cohilition, The Aashanti Deserts and Wasteland, and the Isle of Agamon. This was the first map I've ever made, and it was for the first RPG I ever GM'd for as well. I'm also not sure if I am posting correctly as this is my first time posting as well.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	World Map.jpg 
Views:	143 
Size:	4.63 MB 
ID:	109471  

Cool shape , interesting geography .

Guild Artisan Facebook Connected Robulous's Avatar

Interesting, the land shape is generally good and I like the mountains, did you hand draw them?

I have issues with the text however. The font is stylish but hard to read, and I really don't like the warp effects you've used esp on The Narrows and Cartoman Empire. Looks very obviously electronic, no-one would write like that.

But well done and welcome to the guild!

Guild Applicant Facebook Connected

Default Questions response

Quote Originally Posted by Robulous View Post
    Interesting, the land shape is generally good and I like the mountains, did you hand draw them?

I have issues with the text however. The font is stylish but hard to read, and I really don't like the warp effects you've used esp on The Narrows and Cartoman Empire. Looks very obviously electronic, no-one would write like that.

But well done and welcome to the guild!
    I did not draw them, A long time ago I came saw a user on imgur giving tutorials on map making, and he had made these brushes with mountains and what not, which he then published as an open download for people to use. I would really like to link him but i cannot find the post nor the download anymore. Once I learn GIMP, I plan on going back into the map and rediting it, as a new map I'd like to use, To which I will be removing most names. Thank you very much for the Critique!