Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: What's your Mapping music?

Post What's your Mapping music?

And what does your common mapping setlist consist of?

Currently I'm listening to a setlist made up of 4 soundtracks:

Rome (the HBO series, couldnt find the total war soundtrack)
    Medieval: Total War II
    Elder scrolls III: Morrowind
    and
    Elder scrolls IV: Oblivion

It's a pretty good set up thus far.

Do you guys tend to listen to instrumental stuff, or more popular stuff?

Professional Artist Facebook Connected Coyotemax's Avatar

I tend to switch my soundtracks often, i have a huge music collection and it can take years to give it all equal time

Latley i've been listening to Neuroacitve, VNV Nation, Ministry, and GWAR, with a smattering of Tea party and some semi-random collections with too many different groups to name

My finished maps
    "...sometimes the most efficient way to make something look drawn by hand is to simply draw it by hand..."

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Now I know why CM is so good...another Ministry fan I can't listen to music while mapping, well, not my usual music cuz it makes me start dancing or thrashing. I actually half watch sports, history channel, science channel, military channel, discovery channel, and a bit of cnn and cnbc. At my real job, I have a tv there too so it's usually the aforementioned things with a smattering of travel channel (Anthony Bourdain), food network (I like to laugh at the extravagant means they go to in order to make a meal...and usually ruin it), and comedy central (you can probably guess which two shows).

When I do listen to music it's for drawing my stained glass and it's Classical (Bach, Schubert, etc.), metal (Metallica, Korn, Marilyn Manson, etc.), industrial (Ministry, Skinny Puppy, etc), or old techno/rave/house (Lords of Acid, Electric Hellfire Club, etc), and I don't know what category they go in but I love 311 and my guilty pleasure is 80s retro pop (Come on Eileen, Safety Dance) When I really need a creative push, though, it's Mozart's 25th, Beethoven's 9th, Wagner's Ring cycle, Bizet's Carmen, and Orff's Carmina Burana.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

I listen to two music players usually. When I am mapping , it is:

Radio Rivendell

When I am game devving , or working on my site , it is:

Battle.Net Music player

Quote Originally Posted by Ascension View Post
    Now I know why CM is so good...another Ministry fan I can't listen to music while mapping, well, not my usual music cuz it makes me start dancing or thrashing. I actually half watch sports, history channel, science channel, military channel, discovery channel, and a bit of cnn and cnbc. At my real job, I have a tv there too so it's usually the aforementioned things with a smattering of travel channel (Anthony Bourdain), food network (I like to laugh at the extravagant means they go to in order to make a meal...and usually ruin it), and comedy central (you can probably guess which two shows).

When I do listen to music it's for drawing my stained glass and it's Classical (Bach, Schubert, etc.), metal (Metallica, Korn, Marilyn Manson, etc.), industrial (Ministry, Skinny Puppy, etc), or old techno/rave/house (Lords of Acid, Electric Hellfire Club, etc), and I don't know what category they go in but I love 311 and my guilty pleasure is 80s retro pop (Come on Eileen, Safety Dance) When I really need a creative push, though, it's Mozart's 25th, Beethoven's 9th, Wagner's Ring cycle, Bizet's Carmen, and Orff's Carmina Burana.
    You must be in your mid thirties, I like all of those, and yes, 80s music is a guilty pleasure, flock of seagulls anyone?

Professional Artist Facebook Connected Coyotemax's Avatar

Hah!

Busted!

Late 30's though But yes, Flock of Seagulls.

Alan Parsons Project!

My finished maps
    "...sometimes the most efficient way to make something look drawn by hand is to simply draw it by hand..."

Arcana should set up a shop and start selling music tracks for mapping purposes
    Check out my City Designer 3 tutorials. See my fantasy (city) maps in this thread.

Gandwarf has fallen into shadow...

Guild Artisan Facebook Connected AslanC's Avatar

I have two modes when creating.

1] About a dozen or so fantasy movie/game soundtracks that are on random

2] My 6 days worth of mp3s that cover from the 50s to this year in all genres and styles, I have very very eclectic tastes, but with a lion's share of it 80s

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

I just grab a bunch of CDs from my collection...everything from Andreas Vollenweider to Johnny Clegg to Deep Purple to the London Symphony Orchestra covering Pink Floyd
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Guild Journeyer

Summoning, Doomsword and other epic metal stuff!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast