Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Othman - WIP

Yeah, the whole island cluster looked more natural in the original, but I wasn't happy with the shapes of the big islands. Now I'm happy with the shapes, but they don't look as natural. Buuut, I started wondering if I should flip the islands, so that Seria is in the south, and suddenly, I got a great idea

Termya rises up the further south it goes, so that the entire southern end of the island is a cliff. Seria, which I intend to have more vegetation than Termya, is lower with a ridge (not really a mountain) running along the center of the island. If I rotate Seria 180 degrees, and move it south of Termya, then it starts to make more sense. If the southern end of Termya fell off in a landslide, then Seria is the result. If the smaller islands are moved to the north, then they can have that low beachy quality, like the northern end of Termya, they way I want.

Janis
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	othmanidea.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	117.3 KB 
ID:	15914  

Professional Artist Facebook Connected Coyotemax's Avatar

ooh, sounds like you're on to something good!
    *waits impatiently*

My finished maps
    "...sometimes the most efficient way to make something look drawn by hand is to simply draw it by hand..."

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Sound thinking, I like it. Keep on keepin on.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

Maybe it's just me, but the fact that you can faintly see the radiating lines of the compass rose under the landmass textures kinda looks out of place.

But I love the textures you've used and the nifty special efx like the waterfalls. Keep up the good work!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12