Thread: Krava Continent [Finished]

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Post Krava Continent [Finished]

After a lot of good input from both the Campaign Cartographer forum as well as the Regional forum here, I have finished my Krava Continental map. It was done in Campaign Cartographer. I used the Annuals Fantasy Worlds style, along with the default CC3 style, the shaded relief style, and the Fantasy Overland Symbols set.

The map is 3000x3000, around 4 mbs, just a word of warning as it is large It has the main governments identified, as well as major natural features.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Krava_3000.PNG 
Views:	424 
Size:	3.97 MB 
ID:	15821  

There is a lot of unclaimed land there! Is it a map where people inland are tribals and such?

Quote Originally Posted by nutranurse View Post
    There is a lot of unclaimed land there! Is it a map where people inland are tribals and such?

You hit it on the head Krava is one of the more undiscovered continents in my world.It is also one of the smaller ones, it is roughly 1/5th the size of the largest. Even as remote as it is, it still has 17 recognized governments on it. I want to make sure there is a lot to investigate and explore.

There are a lot of bands of minor races, and some that are more organized, but not as a government per se. For instance, the whispering woods contains a lot of trakrin (tree people), but are not a "government" so to speak. Another example is in Tulok Desert, the Klakra ,which are a large colony of hive minded insectoids, are there, but not recognized as a govenment per se. Their city of Klakrin is noted though.

When I do Gradoria, the second largest and most populous continent, a majority of it will be claimed, other than a few areas that are deemed inhospitable.

Nice job
    I was wondering why so much land was unclaimed (I thought you were going to add many more nations).
    Check out my City Designer 3 tutorials. See my fantasy (city) maps in this thread.

Gandwarf has fallen into shadow...

I fixed a few minute details on the map I did not see earlier. I am hosting the final map on my site below:

Krava

I also misspelled the forum post , it shows Krave, it should be Krava.

Quote Originally Posted by Skaryn View Post
    I also misspelled the forum post , it shows Krave, it should be Krava.
    Fixed the title.
    Check out my City Designer 3 tutorials. See my fantasy (city) maps in this thread.

Gandwarf has fallen into shadow...

Nicely done...

DMT

That's pretty sweet! Very nice. Have some rep.
    Cheers,
    Tim

Paratime Design Cartography

"Do infants have as much fun in infancy as adults do in adultery?" - Groucho Marx

Thanks guys. This was truly my first map that I spent a lot of time on. Looking forward to creating the other continental maps