Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Port City of Jartor

I like Papyrus too - we used it on our wedding invitations. It's great for maps because it's so light and has a bit of handdrawn character. You should go to the 'Typrographist' site. I went there for a bit, so many of them are so up themselves they are almost detached from reality. It's almost as if they think the world should revolve around what designers want rather than designers performing a service for a market (like the rest of us do with our jobs). I recall one post where a guy said he quit his job because his boss insisted on using three full stops instead of the ellipsis symbol. I'm sure there must have been more to it than that, but still. In spite of all the posturing, there are some very interesting reads there and the eye for detail that those people have is staggering.

The one post I made there, asking for help about creating a font set was never answered, so I abandoned the place.

@Ghostman - thanks. I'm afraid I borrowed the idea fom one of the cartographer's choice maps, but I didn't pull it off anywhere near as well. The trouble with using vector is you don't get blends for layers so I couldn't get the effect I really wanted (the sea being unpainted parchment), with the parchment grunge and fold marks showing through in the land areas. Thinking about it now, I prefer the blue, it makes the green of the land 'pop' more.

Guild Member

Well I certainly like the map. It seems clear and useful.

Bravo! That's a fantastic map! I've kept that one for personal use.
    Cheers,
    Tim

Paratime Design Cartography

"Do infants have as much fun in infancy as adults do in adultery?" - Groucho Marx

Very nice map. I'm still not too fond of the house shapes in places, but the great picture is just that: great!

Guild Artisan Facebook Connected

Crap, can't rep you, atm, for this. It's pretty cool looking.
    I think, therefore I am a nerd.
    Cogito, ergo sum nerdem.

Check out my blog: "The Undiscovered Author"
    It's the story of a writer... follow me in my simple quest to get published, and share your own writing stories, adventures and writerly tips.

Pimping my worldmap here. Still WIP... long way to go, but I'm pretty proud of what I've done so far...

KU-THUNK! That's the sound of my jaw hitting the floor! Wow, truly inspiration stuff, Ravi.
    Cheers,
    Tim

Paratime Design Cartography

"Do infants have as much fun in infancy as adults do in adultery?" - Groucho Marx

Great map.
    I love he contour lines and mis of symbols (trees and buildings) The underground area is interesting, and the colour for the sea really works. I felt like the city was alive when I was viewing it, and just wanted to explore it for real! lol.

Good work.

DMG

Question

Quote Originally Posted by ravells View Post
    Updated final map with textures and room for the GM to make notes.
    Ravells, there is a gazetteer of Port Jartor? Is a city in your game world?

Thanks in advance!

rol-oeste :-)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast