Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Cruzamento De Rio 50 years later (WIP)

Professional Artist Facebook Connected Coyotemax's Avatar

I relaized i'd forgotten to take the initial dropshadow from the towers, so that's fixed too now, and re-uploaded. but really you wouldn't notice unless you knew what to look for anyway.

Thank you for the comments though!

I'm ready to start labelling.. I figure I get this done now and then I can finish Oten'jo on the weekend.. whee!

My finished maps
    "...sometimes the most efficient way to make something look drawn by hand is to simply draw it by hand..."

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Most excellent!
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Spectacular map. Looks very 'alive' to me. Maybe thats a result of watching it grow and fill in through this thread, but either way - very easy to imagine from a street level perspective. All your water effects look great, as well!

Quote Originally Posted by Plastic_Jack View Post
    very easy to imagine from a street level perspective.
    Now you got me thinking.. maybe I'll build it up in 3D Max

Thanks for the nice comments though, I've been putting a lot of effort into this one, glad it's paying off (and and Jack, if you notice, I've put your water effects into play here, excellent tip there)

We're heading out to pick up our new car right now (sebring convertible) and show it off to the family, so i should finish the labelling tonight. I'll toss it into the finished maps at that time. Here's the last chance for C&C's
    Last edited by Coyotemax; 08-21-2009 at 03:23 PM.

My finished maps
    "...sometimes the most efficient way to make something look drawn by hand is to simply draw it by hand..."

Very cool! You've made it your own, though. Nice and understated, it works really well with the overall style of your map. My maps are pretty cartoony, cool to see that when that effect is used sparingly it can be versatile.

I would love to see Cruzamento modeled up in 3d! Would be quite an undertaking.

Beautiful work. I love the details.

My only critique would be the somewhat inconsistent lighting. With the towers' shadows that long it's a bit confusing that the houses don't cast shadows at all, especially the bigger ones.

Other than that, top-notch.
    Last edited by Tear; 08-22-2009 at 05:37 AM. Reason: typo

Hrm. Y'know, you're right.
    Let me see what I can do about that.

My finished maps

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123