Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Welcome to vBulletin!!!

Administrator Facebook Connected Robbie's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Post Welcome to vBulletin!!!

Well everyone, welcome to the new forum software...I'm sure you've probably seen it before. Its still in flux here, but MOST everything should be here.

I'm still doing some basic configuration stuff, to include color scheme, avatars, attachments, RSS, and the homepage.

Stay tuned and post here if you have any concerns!
    All Hail FlappyMap! Long Live MapFeed!

Robbie Powell - Site Admin

The following errors occurred when this message was submitted:
    Arcana has exceeded their stored private messages quota and can not accept further messages until they clear some space.

I was trying to send you a pm, but apparently you haven't alotted yourself much pm space.

Blog Entries

Yeah...vBulletin counts sent items towards your storage quota apparently. I just emptied my sent items folder and that fixed that problem...I'll look into storage quotas tomorrow. Thanks!

"Koor
    Site Admin"

I'm a Site Admin?!

I don't want any more responsibility!

Blog Entries

Nice catch! And its fixed...That was a problem with importing the phpbb ranks...no worries.

Slick! Lots of bells and whistles on this system (especially nice to have the attachment system on messages). I'll miss the select theme menu from phpBB, but obviously you had to do what you had to do. I still have spam problems, even after the upgrades I did on my phpBB forums. Thankfully, I did install the toolkit that allows me to mass delete the spammers before they ever get to post their garbage.

I'll be back later today and see what else you've gotten up to lately.

I did notice though the forum default file extensions do not have listed the CC formats. You might want to place adding them on your to-do list.

Post Great Forum

Love all the features of vBulletin.

However, any chance of the old theme reappearing? I really liked the feel of the old theme - looked like a cartographer's workshop.

Good job on the move!

Don

He is working on it currently I believe.
    Bill Stickers is innocent! It isn't Bill's fault that he was hanging out in the wrong place.

Please make an effort to tag all threads. This will greatly enhance the usability of the forums.

Blog Entries

Yes, the old theme will definitely be appearing in some shape or form...at least the color scheme and some of the basic layout graphics such as title and background.

I'm also looking into speed issues...I may be running some "optional" settings that are slowing things down, I'll be looking at those over the next few days.

Problem is, this all coincides with me being selected for jury duty, which involved most of today and the trial is scheduled for tomorrow...bleh.

Right now I'm basically letting it kinda run on its own for a bit to see how it performs...we'll see...I'll probably spend most of tomorrow night working on formatting and theme...The rest of the week will be working out speed and compatibility issues, to include RSS feeds and bringing up homepage data.

One of the things you may want to look at is the IP capture. I seem to recall that it was a resource hog on the HERO site. I think they have it log it still for security reasons, but it doesn't display in the posts as it does here.
    Bill Stickers is innocent! It isn't Bill's fault that he was hanging out in the wrong place.

Please make an effort to tag all threads. This will greatly enhance the usability of the forums.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast