Thread: Is there a reason you can't attach svg?

Post Is there a reason you can't attach svg?

I use Inkscape pretty heavily and am putting together some symbol sets in it that I may want to publish to the community here. But there doesn't seem to be a way to attach svg files except to pack them in a zip file or rename them with a txt extension. Is this a purposeful exclusion or an accidental omission?

Just curious.

I don't think we do that on purpose. The file types that can be uploaded are limited however to make sure no harmful files can be uploaded. It's mostly the well known graphic formats, supported by most software.
    I am using Campaign Cartographer 3 and I don't think I can upload the FCW files it generates as its output.

I would suggest zipping your symbol sets as I donk't think we want to add many more custom file types at the moment.
    Check out my City Designer 3 tutorials. See my fantasy (city) maps in this thread.

Gandwarf has fallen into shadow...

SVG is an open vector graphic format, though, and quite useful. It isn't specific to Inkscape, and most browsers can render it easily. I think it would be a good idea if it were a permitted filetype.
    Bryan Ray, visual effects artist
    http://www.bryanray.name

As Gandwarf pointed out, .zip is an allowed filetype, so you can upload whatever you want in a .zip archive.
    Selden

The other thing is, the attachments might be limited to the Forum Software. Arcana is the Forum Owner, so he would know more, but if the makers of the software sat back and said: Lets Allow GIF, BMP, PNG, JPEG, WORD, ZIP and PDF (and maybe a few other types, who knows) as valid attachments, then they did. But, if the provision for this type of attachment is not allowed, then like others have said, you'll have to fall back on the ol' ZIP and post em that way.
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave