Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Dyson's Old School Maps & Experiments

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

I like that one, nice stuff.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Guild Novice

Quote Originally Posted by RobA View Post
    @Mr. Greengoat -

Since you like it, here's a similar hatch fill I made a while back...

http://www.cartographersguild.com/showthread.php?t=3746

-Rob A>
    Oh cool, hatching and stipling patterns are a godsend. Thanks.

Yeah, wow, I kinda neglected this thread for a while, eh?

I'm kind of proud of this one.

This week’s map was drawn in (classic HB #2) pencil on plain white paper, scanned and contrast enhanced for your viewing pleasure. I decided to go completely freehand for this one, using no grid at all to guide my hand and design

The Lost Crypts represents a natural water-excavated cavern that has been used in ages past by various cultures as a repository for the dead. Over the years some other residents have moved in and departed, but one crypt remains secure behind a secret door along the old river path (the bottom of the old river path, on the top left corner, is probably full of old skulls and skeletal remains of lesser persons who were buried with the river or in the pools here to be close to the renowned elder in the secret crypt).

Along the new river path there is a well concealed cavern containing a small shrine and altar.

And of course, you can see where the grey and or purple worms have dug their way into the cavern, and then departed, disrupting even the flow of the river with their excavations.

There's a much larger version if you want it HERE.
    Dyson's Dodecahedron
    an RPG blog, with a few maps

Pretty much all my maps are drawn by hand - ink on paper - and then scanned and contrast-enhanced

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Gidde's Avatar

That's a great cave system. Thanks for posting!

Threw this one together for a collaborative dungeon stocking game on another forum. I've been watching Stargate SG-1 from the beginning and this was drawn while trying to ignore how horrible the last two episodes of season 2 were.

Drawn in 0.7mm gel pen on graph paper, contrast-enhanced and keyed in photoshop.

Dyson's Dodecahedron

Pretty much all my maps are drawn by hand - ink on paper - and then scanned and contrast-enhanced

Those are awesome! (And they've made me determined to include cross-section maps with my multi-level dungeons from now on...)

Quote Originally Posted by Savannah View Post
    Those are awesome! (And they've made me determined to include cross-section maps with my multi-level dungeons from now on...)
    I'm a cross-section dungeon junky. I love them.
    Dyson's Dodecahedron

Very cool maps! Love the old school style! The shading technique is very cool. I remember as a kid reading Savage Sword of Conan and John Buscema used that kind of shading a lot and it always fascinated me.

Guild Master Facebook Connected jtougas's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Awesome.
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps
    Kingdom Of Shendenflar Campaign Setting (WIP)

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.

The trouble with all these gaming maps is for a game novice like me I just itch with envy at all the enjoyment I am not having. Classic MMS (might miss something)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123