Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Ankh Bathor - Regional map

Guild Member

This is looking really clean and clear. I found the crater and canal easily enough. It looks like you'll have plenty of elements for some really fun play.

I like this map. The style is very eye pleasing with a good scale. I love the hill symbols, and must know where you got them!

Looking forward to more progress!

Quote Originally Posted by landorl View Post
    I like this map. The style is very eye pleasing with a good scale. I love the hill symbols, and must know where you got them!

Looking forward to more progress!
    Thanks for the nice words.
    Well I did the Hill symbols myself, actually everything on the map is done by me. I might have got some inspiration from different places but nothing is copied.

Some more updates of the map. Added some wasteland around the crater, the southern wall and some keeps are in place. Also put in some more forest and hills, roads and farmland.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ankh-Bathor land_3.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	345.2 KB 
ID:	16091  

have some rep for the cool mountains!

Nice looking map coming up again. Forest could be a more dence in some areas. Keep up good work.

I'm liking what I'm seeing here. I don't say it often enough (probably because I always take the more complicated approach with my own maps), but there's a lot to be said for keeping things simple, and this map is a perfect example of that. There's absolutely no confusion about what is what. The farmlands/crops look like farmlands/crops. The hills and mountains look like hills and mountains. There's no confusion about the shore. The roads are easy to discern, and even the less traveled paths. The rivers look to be following the "rules" as well. And correct me if I'm wrong, but is that a mine of some sort just a wee bit north and west of the impact crater?

A fine, fine job so far, and I'm looking forward to seeing more.

GW
    GW

One's worth is not measured by stature, alone. By heart and honor is One's true value weighed.

Current Non-challenge WIP : Beyond Sosnasib
    Current Lite Challenge WIP : None
    Current Main Challenge WIP : None
    Completed Maps : Various Challenges

Quote Originally Posted by Greason Wolfe View Post
    And correct me if I'm wrong, but is that a mine of some sort just a wee bit north and west of the impact crater?
    Actually the "mine" is meant to be a ruin. The area around the impact crater is a place where the stability of the physical world is a bit weak, the reason for it being a wasteland. After the war with the gods that devastated the worlds and brought the Archonts (early gods) to their doom the hole creation was threatened to seize to exist.

In the end the creation was saved for different reasons but parts of the worlds are still unstable. Places like this tend to open gates to the borderlands (a place between the physical and dream (mental) worlds) where not only pleasant things hide.

In these areas that are often avoided by sane people you can find old ruins from the time before the war. And if you survive the horrors you might run into you can also find things long forgotten and treasures that will change your life forever. This “mine” is one of these ruins.

You have another ruin in the lonely hill in the middle of the map. That ruin is an old burial ground from the times long gone.

Here is another update. I've finished the hills and mountain on the northern part of the map. Rivers are also in place. Next step will be to put in cities and forests.
    This is also the whole map, so this time i didn't cut any land off as I've done earlier.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ankh-Bathor land_4.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	353.1 KB 
ID:	16207  

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast