Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Ankh Bathor - Regional map

Wip Ankh Bathor - Regional map

Well I haven't been maping for a while, but at last I’ve managed to find some time again. This time I’m zooming in a bit on the Etrakien map, time to do a regional map.

The choice what to map was guite easy. Ankh-bathor is the most important area in the world with its smal canal that connects the Etrakien sea in the east and the inner sea in the west. The control of the canal has given the city of Ankh-bathor a lot of power and money. Thanks to this It has been able to claim some land both north and south of the town. Approximately the country of Ankh bathor is about 300 km from north to south. And this is the area I intend to map, and the area you see on the map.

So far not much has been done and I’m still trying to create some style that works with the main Etrakien map, but that gives a more regional feeling. No cities are on the map yet, but you can see the farmland where some of the bigger cities will be.

In the middle of the map you have the canal, that is where Ankh bathor will be placed.

Well enjoy.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ankh-Bathor land_1.jpg 
Views:	151 
Size:	137.2 KB 
ID:	15920  

Looking good so far. I like the hill symbols and the farmland.
    Check out my City Designer 3 tutorials. See my fantasy (city) maps in this thread.

Gandwarf has fallen into shadow...

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

I like the hills, not so sure about the farmland yet. I'll wait and see until you get more done.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Well Some progress has been made tonight. I did take down the colours a bit from the farmland, it was a tiny bit too bright before, in my opinion. Also added some trees, roads and cities. Thought I could put up the result for opinions. It's always hard to know if your on the right track or not when you're sitting on your own. I'm just putting up the "test" piece of the map I'm working on at the moment.

Name:	Ankh-Bathor land test1.jpg 
Views:	133 
Size:	102.7 KB 
ID:	15940  

I still like it...
    What are the dotted lines, lesser travelled paths?
    Check out my City Designer 3 tutorials. See my fantasy (city) maps in this thread.

Gandwarf has fallen into shadow...

Yes the dotted lines are lesser travelled paths.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

I'm diggin it.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Very nice style..!

Well I got some time for maping tonight as well. Some more hills in the south, and even an old crater from the war against the gods (if you can spot it). Some more rivers, cities and roads as well. Still a lot to do :-)
    One interesting detail are the aqueducts leading into Ankh-Bathor. They are the straight blue lines with a slight drop shadow.

Name:	Ankh-Bathor land_2.jpg 
Views:	123 
Size:	261.7 KB 
ID:	15979  

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

I think the crater effect worked out well, it may need a bit of shading/shadow to really give it some depth though.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast