Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: August Entry: Oten-Jo - Ascension

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Wip August Entry: Oten-Jo - Ascension

Thought I'd toss my hat in the ring and see what I can come up with. I reoriented the map to fit the angle of the river on his continent map and this also allows me to place the mountain behind the castle. Very rough right now, roads, rivers, and first wall in...probably many changes to come there when I get to the buildings.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Oten-Jo1.jpg 
Views:	123 
Size:	3.14 MB 
ID:	15937  
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

I like your start! Hope you are able to finish in time.
    Check out my City Designer 3 tutorials. See my fantasy (city) maps in this thread.

Gandwarf has fallen into shadow...

Here is 12 hours of work, going to chill in front of the tv for a while.

Views:	87 
Size:	3.87 MB 
ID:	15944  
    Last edited by Ascension; 08-15-2009 at 11:38 PM.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

12 hours? yikes!
    Anyway, you have grown so much since I started visiting this forum a year ago. You are constantly improving your work!
    Check out my City Designer 3 tutorials. See my fantasy (city) maps in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascension View Post
    Here is 12 hours of work
    I believe it! All those buildings and roads take time to set up, not to mention the hugely-time consuming task of blending the textures just right.
    Unless otherwise noted, all of my posted work is free for use and redistribution under
    the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Looking good so far...
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Having worked out numerous technical things over the past year I thought I'd give this one a more artsy/drawn look. Filter - distort - ocean ripple = set the sliders at 1, Filter - stylize - diffuse = anistropic.

Left to do:
    Merchant district, docks, temples district, military district, and castle but first I'm gonna eat some lunch.

### Latest WIP ###

Views:	75 
Size:	3.77 MB 
ID:	15953  
    Last edited by Ascension; 08-16-2009 at 02:40 PM.

Post Nice angle!

I like the skewed, non-north-south angle of the map - looks interesting, Ascension!

Just got back from Gencon Indy, about an hour ago. I met Jason Buhlman the creator of Pathfinder - he's looking forward to seeing the alpha rules for Kaidan. I look forward to whoever wins, so I can start work on the larger campaign where the winning map will be published in.

Keep up the good work!

GP
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Here's today's 12 hours: lots of minor tweaks (put cherry blossoms on the trees, put in some branches, color adjustments, lots of detail stuff like that all over the place...even though no one may ever notice it) and put the temple, merchants, and docks in plus the real shadows. Shadows and detailing took up the bulk of the time.

Left to do:
    Finish roads for today's additions, daimyo's compound, some buildings on the docks, bridges, military buildings, possibly chop out some houses for special buildings, labels or a key, maybe some boats and an island bridge tower, and finish graphics. Oh, and farms. Crap, I forgot the town squares again. I always forget those.

### Latest WIP ###

Views:	123 
Size:	3.81 MB 
ID:	15958  
    Last edited by Ascension; 08-16-2009 at 11:47 PM.

Looks like you will be able to finish
    Beautiful stuff.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast