Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dirgen the world map for my upcoming book: The Dark Lineage

This is a really cool indicator. Nice touch.

Hi, Megrim. Nicely done.

One suggestion: the text appears gray(er) & in smoother definition than the rest of the map; it appears to be nonorganic in comparison to the style of the rest of the map. This is also true of the light gray fill of the Sulindal buildings.

Otherwise, I really like it! (Plus thanks a lot for the tutorial notes in your introduction--I wish more people would do that so I could steal--errr, I mean USE their techniques!)
    Don
    My gallery is here
    __________________________________________________ _______
    "Keep your mind in hell, but despair not." --Saint Silouan [1866-1938]

That's interesting, Don. I really liked the light grey text. For me it makes it easier to read as it doesn't confuse with the black and white elements around it.

Quote Originally Posted by ravells View Post
    That's interesting, Don. I really liked the light grey text. For me it makes it easier to read as it doesn't confuse with the black and white elements around it.
    That was the intention behind it =). Also the gray in the town of Sulindal has its reason; thats where the story of the book begins, so i made it that it would stand out from the other buildings (plus it took me a few minutes to figure out the effect with calculate and contrast and that town was my first test).

megrim - really like the map. How is the story coming? Have you completed the first (or subsequent) chapter(s)?

Can we read it? Well, can we, can we?

well, i have been very, very, very busy the last couple of months so i didn't write much... BUT i will post what i can give away from what i have written so far. (I have a nice idea for a map so i will work on it as soon as i have time.)

Tongues began to wag in Sulindal and in the nearby villages; the preparations for the festival had begun. Unlike past gatherings, this year’s festival was very special, that very month a rumor was spread about that there were going to be some unique guests – Elves. The site of eccentric folks – by human standards – such as dwarves and the peculiar gnomes is seldom, but the presence of an elf had yet to be seen in Sulindal. Days passed and the day of the festival drew nearer. From afar, the villagers could hear the rolling sound of wagons and the dulcet tones of the arriving outlanders. Amidst the newcomers, two men and a young boy traveled in an odd-looking wagon. Jast, a short tempered, slim man, with squinty dark eyes, held the reins of the horse leading the wagon. To his right sat Grom, a small, compact man, with fair skin and a bland, square face. Grom is an unflappable man by nature, as well as clever. In the back of the wagon sat Kira, the youngest of the group. He was tall for most boys of his age, with almost platinum hair and hard translucent yellow eyes that make others feel like he sees right into the core of their being. His pale complexion might hint some elven heritage to those with keen eyes, but this is not the case. He is lithe, slim, and graceful in his build, movements and appearance.

“Are we there yet?” Kira asked impatiently. “No,” replied Jast, “but you better keep quite if you don’t want to walk!” Grom stared at both of them with a fuming expression on his face. “You two better calm down, we will arrive shortly.” said Grom. Kira sighed and his thoughts strayed as he observed his surroundings. He often thought about his home and his mother.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12