Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: WIP - Forgotten Lands

Quote Originally Posted by Ascension View Post
    I'll second what Diamond said...all kinds of killer. I like the perspective labels because I've done them myself...just my kind of thing so I dig it. My fave part is the icons and runes...I'm gonna have to have a go at that myself. This is definitely a place that I'd like to walk around in and since that stirs the imagination I shall bonk thee with my +13 butter knife of reptitude.
    Be careful with such a great weapon Ascension. With great power comes great responsibility…
    So thank you all for the C&C, I’m finally closing the goal here. Now it’s more like fine tuning and correcting mistakes (and creating compass of which I have no idea yet). I expect to finish this up latest on weekend depending on how much time I can spare.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mountains-7.jpg 
Views:	111 
Size:	2.62 MB 
ID:	16302  

This one is done now and the latest final version can be found from the finished maps section.
    Thanks you all for the kind words, but especially thank you for the good criticism given (and thank you Gandwarf for the waterfall idea, it turned out great).

Pasis, it's unbelievable how you keep raising the bar on the maps you draw. The level of detail is astonishing as is the way you've stitched the drawing into the 3d map.

Great stuff indeed. Love what you did with the labeling. Everything feels so 3D
    One nitpick: the lakes to the north seem to be almost floating. Or is it just my eyes?

I am getting used to the perspective by the way! It's just that I am not used to this perspective being used in maps.
    Check out my City Designer 3 tutorials. See my fantasy (city) maps in this thread.

Gandwarf has fallen into shadow...

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456