Thread: Kingdom of Ethia B&W

Post Kingdom of Ethia B&W

Hey there, I'm pretty new to cartography and before now have only made maps for my own entertainment. Here is a map that I made on CC3 a while ago. Being new to the program I didn't really know how to improve the map but hopefully you guys will have some suggestions.

This is the Kingdom of Ethia. Ethia is a very independent nation with little contact with other kingdoms besides those to its immediate north and south. In previous years there has been war with the nation to the south but recently that has died off. The most recent problem is that raiders out of the Minra wastes have been attacking the eastern towns. Many believe that this is a prelude to a much larger war to come.

Please give me your suggestions. Keep in mind that I am new to this program and may need more in-depth instructions on how to improve. thank you for the help.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ethia.JPG 
Views:	86 
Size:	198.3 KB 
ID:	16305  

Looks good but kind of small. It also lacks antialiasing, making curved lines and edges appear pixellated. Mixing a black & white background with red labels seems to work well. Have you tried other colors, such as blue?

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Looks pretty good, though at the small size it's difficult to really see all the yummy details.

I'm not a CC user but those here that are highly suggest the various tutorials that can be found on the Profantasy site (and YouTube as well...I think).
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

how can i change the size of the map without adding to it? also my rivers need a bit smoothing out where i change the size closer to the coast. any tips?