Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: August Entry: Oten-jo by CoyoteMax

Pretty brilliant map. It will be a tough vote! I'd probably vote for all the entries if I could

Excellent work Coyote! But wasn't there supposed to be a bridge crossing the river? Regardless, your map is all kinds of awesome. I'd rep you for it if I didn't need to rep more other people first.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Totally killer, man. You should do more like this.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Professional Artist Facebook Connected Coyotemax's Avatar

Thank you very much everyone for your comments! I didn't really set out to win with the map, I just wanted to be throw something new into the mix - but dang, it did turn out okay, didn't it

Regarding the bridge, I did read through all the discussions, and it was completely optional as to wether there was a bridge or not. Plenty of refeence material was supplied for those who wanted to add one, true - but the method of transport (if any) to the other bank was left to the whim of the arist. Hence, a ferry - another thing that makes the map different from all the others

I dunno, I jut felt like being contrary this time around

As much as I'm flattered that people are talking about voting for the map, the comment about it not really being a useable game map is completely correct. It was designed as a concept map, to give an impression of the town's main districts as seen by the artistic monk sitting on top of a nearby hill . So in all seriousness, I myself will likely be voting for one of the maps that will be useful for GM's and players to actually find their way around (though I certainly wouldn't hesitate to say yes if asked to include it anyhow, heh)

My finished maps
    "...sometimes the most efficient way to make something look drawn by hand is to simply draw it by hand..."

oh you bleeping bleep.

you made a lovely birds eye view in a brush painting style... sort of what I'm going for.

I like the simplicity of the structures, I tend to obsess on detail somtimes.

Professional Artist Facebook Connected Coyotemax's Avatar

Hey, don't let this slow you down - I really want to see how yours turns out! I may have emulated a brush on paper style, but if you're actually DOING that, I totally bow to you!

Incidentally, this is the actual map that got me moving, might help you out a bit for inspiration on the detail work.. http://image48.webshots.com/49/3/28/...2RqaJro_fs.jpg

My finished maps
    "...sometimes the most efficient way to make something look drawn by hand is to simply draw it by hand..."

Blog Entries

Beautiful and imaginative CoyoteMax. Rep for you.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123