Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hand drawn style?

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

I'll admit that the first time that I looked at it I didn't even see the mountains because my eyes were looking at the lightest part as being sea, not land. Once you add the woodcut, that will go away.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Thanks for all the advice guys (Pasis - you have more faith in me than I have). Believe me, once the baby arrive all my free time will vanish (i'm on a semi-break right now) so I'm making the most of it while I can.

Jykke thanks for the tip, but I'm not using photoshop but Drawplus X3 - it's not bad, but it doesn't quite have all the little bits and peices that PS has (including exposure correction) and has a tendency to crash if the filesize gets too big. I've put in some sea lines...any better?

All the best
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	090820 export 2.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	1.51 MB 
ID:	16078  

ah, I just assumed so as you have Photoshop CS2 listed on your software And it's looking better now I have to say. I can imagine that the full size map will be just awesome!

Looks to me like you're on the right track for what you want to accomplish. No real concerns, but there is a curiosity.

Assuming you're going for the parchment look and all, I like the subtle shadows going on in the background. I'm also seeing horizontal lines (again, shadowed) that are occurring with a pretty regular frequency. An intended effect or an artifact of some sort?

GW
    GW

One's worth is not measured by stature, alone. By heart and honor is One's true value weighed.

Current Non-challenge WIP : Beyond Sosnasib
    Current Lite Challenge WIP : None
    Current Main Challenge WIP : None
    Completed Maps : Various Challenges

Quote Originally Posted by ravells View Post
    Thanks GW, it's intended, meant to be the grain of the paper...perhaps its too obvious.
    Naw, don't think it is too obvious, at least not for most, I sort of fixate on things like that from time to time.

GW
    GW

One's worth is not measured by stature, alone. By heart and honor is One's true value weighed.

Current Non-challenge WIP : Beyond Sosnasib
    Current Lite Challenge WIP : None
    Current Main Challenge WIP : None
    Completed Maps : Various Challenges

Ok I'm starting to see where you are aiming at...Looking good

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast