Thread: Generic Village***WIP***

Guild Member Facebook Connected A R Frost's Avatar

Default Generic Village***WIP***

Ok,
    After grabbing some brushs from the forums and watching a you tube video done in PS, I decided to try my hand at making a small village map.
    The map was done using GIMP 2.6
    Few questions I have are:
    When you use a brush to create say one of the buildings is there a way to rotate the building? That's why there isn't a bridge over the stream, and some of the buildings are offset of the road.
    I still need to work on the water, roads and text parts. No matter how many times I read RobA's tut, I still screw them up and end up just doing them plain.

Any comments on how to fix these issues would be welcomed with opened arms.

And if anyone has a group of evil PC's that just need a ugly little village to destroy, feel free to use this one and wipe it off the map...

Thanks
    Allan
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Generic Village..jpg 
Views:	162 
Size:	116.7 KB 
ID:	23776  
    Last edited by A R Frost; 04-13-2010 at 06:34 PM. Reason: spelling

it is a tad on the small side, I can barely read it zoomed in full. Do you have a larger image or is that what you started with? I've learned to go big and worry about shrinking later although I'm still learning myself.

There was a tutorial or thread in here on making rotating brushes but I wasn't up to trying to figure it out at the time and I'm still not sure I understand the concept.

With Gimp to rotate a building I can tell you how I do it. Select a building you have already created and ctrl-C (copy) it (it will be saved as a brush in your drop down menu on the right which is pretty cool). You can then use the pencil tool and stamp it down anywhere or if you <Ctrl-V> (Paste) it you can use the rotate tool before you anchor the pasted image. It works pretty well.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt