Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Style update

What's the "proper usage" of the compass rose? Is it akin to saying "Cool map!", or something along those lines?
    Looking for battlemap creation software that can be used to create gorgeous print-resolution output on Windows or Mac OS?
    Give MapForge a try.

Administrator Facebook Connected Robbie's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'm not really sure...I didn't really have a proper use in mind, I just thought it would be cool to have. use at will
    All Hail FlappyMap! Long Live MapFeed!

Robbie Powell - Site Admin

So then pretty much like all the other smilies?
    Bill Stickers is innocent! It isn't Bill's fault that he was hanging out in the wrong place.

Please make an effort to tag all threads. This will greatly enhance the usability of the forums.

Quick question/suggestion, unrelated to the above:

Is there a way to default the "from the ___" pull-down menus in each area? Currently the default is "last month", & since this came up I was assuming Robbie had not yet moved over the rest of the threads; instead, I had to change this to "last year" or "beginning" to see the rest.

Now, I know I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed, and I realize that some of the visitors to this site may be familiar with that function of our new bb, but I do wonder how many of our members + guests have gone (or will go) into any given area and think there are only 5 threads due to the current default, when in fact there are 50. I like the base to show all (as the Guild used to), vs. having to figure out there are more hidden around somewhere, you see?

Anyway, that's my 2 cents.
    Don
    My gallery is here
    __________________________________________________ _______
    "Keep your mind in hell, but despair not." --Saint Silouan [1866-1938]

Good idea Don, I adjusted my options to provide for no cut off date on earlier posts, but it might be better set as a default until we have more frequent, regular posters.

Ravs

Of course you could always go to each thread and make a bump post. That will make it visible again.
    Bill Stickers is innocent! It isn't Bill's fault that he was hanging out in the wrong place.

Please make an effort to tag all threads. This will greatly enhance the usability of the forums.

Blog Entries

I'll go check the defaults...good idea.

Professional Artist

By the way, when will I get my special rank ("Industry Pro") back?

-Rob

Blog Entries

Industry Pro rank is now back...let me know if you can't access the Industry Pro Private forum.

I've also defaulted the forum display to Beginning.

Yay!

I'm goign to try and have the challenge winner and industry pro rank images back tonight.

Blog Entries

I've modified the new post and reply template to put the post icons between subject and message. This is to encourage the use of posticons.

Most threads defaulted to the "Post" icon, especially all the ones that were imported. If you had previously used a different post icon, it will be overwritten with "Post"...

I have created 8 post icons to get us started, and I would welcome suggestions from you all for more posticons that will make it a little easier to quickly glance and see what type of post you will be reading...

The graphics for the post icons are probably temporary...I'd like for them to be flashier eventually but for now they're there.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast