Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Style update

Administrator Facebook Connected Robbie's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Post Style update

I've begun working on the basic style and look and feel of the site to try and bring it back to the way it used to be, or as close to it as possible given the capabilities of vBulletin. When all is said and done, I believe it will end up being better than before.

Until I am done with this process, I am leaving the vBulletin default theme as the default theme you all see...BUT, if you'd like to preview and beta test the theme development, read on:

Advanced and extremely curious users only
    I have made the Cartographer theme available for selection and use. If you would like to switch over to this theme you will already be exposed to the old familiar colors of the previous forum software. However, you must keep in mind that it is in development, and that it will be changing over time, possibly in the middle of your browsing the forum.

Since I will be working on it over the next few days, it may of course change, but also become temporarily "broken" or "unreadable" due to a mistake or poor color/graphic choice or placement. If this happens, you can either switch back to default, or wait until I identify and fix the problem that will most likely be temporary.

Please use this thread to discuss the theme development. You can choose the NEW theme by selecting it from the drop down list in the lower left hand corner of the forum where it says "-- Default Style"

Thanks!
    All Hail FlappyMap! Long Live MapFeed!

Robbie Powell - Site Admin

Blog Entries

I'm aware of the following things:

- Icon/button Graphics don't match colors
    - Google ads aren't placed well
    - Logo/Header isn't scaled/placed well
    - Torn Paper edge not currently utilized
    Last edited by Robbie; 07-11-2007 at 12:11 AM.

Blog Entries

Good news! There has been an RSS feed for a while now. I just didn't realize it or know how to access it.

The new style has the RSS feed link at the bottom of the page, but there is actually an RSS feed alt link built into the page...so you should be able to subscribe to a page via RSS in your RSS capable browser.

If you want to add the RSS feed to an RSS feed reader manually, the url is: http://www.cartographersguild.com/ex....php?type=rss2 or http://www.cartographersguild.com/ex....php?type=rss1 if you need an older version of RSS.

The style is looking good! You still need to make that logo/header transparent though.

I've subscribed to the new RSS. Thanks for the heads up.
    Bill Stickers is innocent! It isn't Bill's fault that he was hanging out in the wrong place.

Please make an effort to tag all threads. This will greatly enhance the usability of the forums.

Looking good! You seem to have it most of the way there...

Blog Entries

I've decided to go ahead and force/set the style to the cartographer style...mainly because I just didn't want people hangin around thinkin the site was going to stay ugly white. I want to show progress to those that didn't want to manually set the style.

I'm still working the style of course, and I'm waiting on a support issue for the homepage stuff. I'll be doing graphics updates to the style over the next few days.

Also the Miscellaneous page could use some love.
    Bill Stickers is innocent! It isn't Bill's fault that he was hanging out in the wrong place.

Please make an effort to tag all threads. This will greatly enhance the usability of the forums.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RPMiller View Post
    Also the Miscellaneous page could use some love.
    Ooops...fixed.

I also managed to bring in the smilies from the previous template and get them looking good. I'll add more later.

I also managed to figure out how to have the Challenge Winners display in addition to a post based rank...I'll have a challenge winner graphic soon!

I made the ranks customized like in the previous forum.

I like the compass

Blog Entries

Would you believe the compass was always there before? It was just hidden because it didn't show up on the default list. With vBulletin I can arrange the smilies in any order I want, so I put it first

I'm still goign to check out the heroes board and see what I can yank from them.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast