Thread: [Fulfilled]New member looking for cartographer

Post [Fulfilled]New member looking for cartographer

New member here. Looks like a great site. I am in the process of editing and revising the Third Kingdom Player's Handbook and am looking for someone willing to donate some time and energy drawing a couple of maps for me. I already have found someone willing to donate artwork and he made a quick map for me using Campaign Cartographer, but I'm looking for something a little more distinctive. An introduction and free .pdf of the PHB (1st draft) can be found at www.thirdkingdomgame.com.

Thanks,

Todd
    Last edited by thirdkingdom; 09-01-2009 at 04:38 PM.

I looked at the site, looks good with the Artwork.

What sort of remuneration is provided to a cartographer? You are stating you would selling the game system.

While I use CC3, I do not make 'traditional' CC3 maps.
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Welcome Aboard!

What style map are you looking for?
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

To answer questions . . . Alexandre (the artist) is donating his time on the artwork at this point, with the understanding that he would get a share of any future sales; he's doing it more because he thinks it is a worthwhile project and to help build his resume. I am currently on the second draft and don't plan on publishing for sale until 2010 at the earliest, after playtesting.
    I am looking for simple maps, no color. When I hand-draw maps I usually divide it 1" x 1" grids so I can "zoom in" on progressively smaller areas, each map being gridded to the same proportion. I wouldn't add grids to the maps in the PHB, however. I would like to keep the maps in the PHB similar to what might actually be available to the characters, leaving greater detail for GM maps.

Hope this helps,

Todd

I guess the next step would be to ask what the going rates for maps are?

Todd

Hard to say. I have done maps for anywhere from $20 to $100+. The question would be how much work is involved, and what are you willing to pay. More work, would obviously mean more pay.
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

I hand draw in one colour ink - usually brown on champange coloured paper, it gives a great effect. I might be able to offer some assistance; do you have a time scale for this work as I am very busy right now but always open to new work/experience? End result can be pdf or some such, large file size with high res if needed.

Thanks for the offer; I have already found someone and forgot to edit the title of the thread. Sorry, but thanks for your interest.

Todd