Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Woodcut map

Guild Artisan Facebook Connected

Quote Originally Posted by RobA View Post
    My plan is to use a similar technique to my quarry map, where I apply a textured BG then do a very small displace using the texture. Makes the "ink" look like it is on the "paper" rather than above the "paper".

-Rob A>
    Ahh cool. That sounds like it'll work handily.
    I think, therefore I am a nerd.
    Cogito, ergo sum nerdem.

Check out my blog: "The Undiscovered Author"
    It's the story of a writer... follow me in my simple quest to get published, and share your own writing stories, adventures and writerly tips.

Pimping my worldmap here. Still WIP... long way to go, but I'm pretty proud of what I've done so far...

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

They look just a tad thick on the line work, when compared to the thin/delicate line on the rivers and roads and small fonts, and maybe that is causing you a disconnect. The trees have thick and thin parts so maybe something in the mountains with more line-width variation, shrug.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Guild Artisan Facebook Connected

Honestly, overall, I think it's looking pretty great, now.
    I think, therefore I am a nerd.
    Cogito, ergo sum nerdem.

Check out my blog: "The Undiscovered Author"
    It's the story of a writer... follow me in my simple quest to get published, and share your own writing stories, adventures and writerly tips.

Pimping my worldmap here. Still WIP... long way to go, but I'm pretty proud of what I've done so far...

Community Leader Facebook Connected torstan's Avatar

I like the mountains. Not to confuse matters too much, but I think the coastline edge is looking very heavy now. It almost looks like the island is floating above the water.

With the mountains, maybe have a shot at joining a few of the peaks together to show ridges. That might give the large areas of mountains a little more definition rather than just large regions of individual unrelated peaks.

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

One thing that bugs me is that area where you have the nation of Kenshad. It took me the longest time before I realized it wasn't the 'Iron Kenshad Mountains', but instead was the country of Kenshad in the Iron Mts. Maybe italicize your country names?

Overall though this map is freaking stunning. And I love your castle icons.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123