Thread: Continent of Istria - World of Ghoraja Juun

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Map Continent of Istria - World of Ghoraja Juun

OK, so here we go. This is the first of six continental maps I'll be doing for my home-brew campaign world. Many of my past maps have made reference to this world or were based on something I'd come up with in the past.

This is done in my usual style, mostly patterned layers (sometimes stacked). I did a lot of tweaking of things as I went along and hopefully I've left myself enough notes that I can duplicate things so the other five maps have the same look and feel.

As I noted in the WIP thread for this, Istria would lie in the same approximate location as South America does on earth.

So take a peek, hopefully you like what I've come up with.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Istria_Redux-Final.jpg 
Views:	2256 
Size:	3.84 MB 
ID:	16156  
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

I like this continental map. I particularly like the textures and colours used in the Orodreth Wastes. Very nice. The Title font and compass rose are great too. I'm looking forward to see the other continents when you're done.

DMG

Thanks DMG, I plan on starting on the next one in the next couple of days (I hope )

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Guild Artisan Facebook Connected AslanC's Avatar

Looks very cool. 6 maps you say? They all this big?

Quote Originally Posted by AslanC View Post
    Looks very cool. 6 maps you say? They all this big?
    Thanks...

Yes they will all be the same dimensions, though the amount of land will vary.

The next one I plan on doing is the one around which a lot of things are centered. The brunt of the Gods Fall Wars happened there so the idea is that the original continent has been shattered into numerous islands and demi/sub-continents.

That looks veeery cool i like it alot.

Btw Istria is a Peninsula in Croatia where i live And it has rougly the same shape your map does (roughly). Was wondering if you might drew inspiration there

Quote Originally Posted by Elvis.Osmanovic View Post
    That looks veeery cool i like it alot.

Btw Istria is a Peninsula in Croatia where i live And it has rougly the same shape your map does (roughly). Was wondering if you might drew inspiration there

Sorry I didn't respond sooner, not very active here anymore.

No I did not draw any inspiration from from any map of Croatia. Istria is just a name I came up with.