Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WIP-Maps of the Wolf Lands-Tar-Koldor

Wip WIP-Maps of the Wolf Lands-Tar-Koldor

Greetings all!

This topic is going to contain the work-in-progress collection of maps that I am creating for the upcoming release of The Shadow of the Dog Lord Roleplaying Adventure Game which is due for release at Anthrocon in 2011.

All of these maps are drawn by hand with Micron fineliner pens, a cheap-ish calligraphy pen, and (soon to be) sepia watercolours on watercolour paper.

The first map I present to you is of the western part of the currently known world: the Wolf Empire of Tar-Koldor.

C&C welcome!

Cheers,
    LordFenrir
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tar-koldor map wip 2.JPG 
Views:	121 
Size:	691.4 KB 
ID:	16210  

Nice map. I especially like the mountains and cartouche. Not sure if this is a WIP or the final deal. I have some comments, but it might be because it's still a WIP:

There seems to be only a couple of towns and quite some open space. Do you plan to fill it up or is this the final version? Not saying that you should fill it up, but it does look a bit empty at the moment. You might consider adding some more features, like hills, swamps, forests, roads, etc.

Finally, the symbols for the towns might need some more attention. The mountains are very well done, but also dominating, grabbing the attention. The towns should be the real places of interest I think, so they should get some extra treatment as well?

Anyway, have some rep for posting your first map.
    Last edited by Gandwarf; 08-24-2009 at 09:51 AM.
    Check out my City Designer 3 tutorials. See my fantasy (city) maps in this thread.

Gandwarf has fallen into shadow...

I sure hope you would add more details as you certainly know how to draw. Rep coming of course.

I love hand drawn maps...and this one is coming along nicely. I really like the calligraphy too...works very well. I'm looking forward to seeing where this one goes!
    "Listen, strange women lyin' in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government."

My Albums - My Portfolio

Thanks all for the kind comments!

As far as the lack of towns go, I left a lot of areas blank for inperitation by the GMs of any games ran. But it still is very much a WIP, so a few villages will be placed and forests/etc added

Cheers all!
    LordFenrir

Professional Artist Facebook Connected Coyotemax's Avatar

Very nice so far. Things like this are starting to make me want to try my hand at doing my own hand drawn maps!

yay for inspiration, keep up the good work.

My finished maps
    "...sometimes the most efficient way to make something look drawn by hand is to simply draw it by hand..."

Lovely work. I hope you're going to continue with this, I'd love to see how it looks when it's finished. Hand drawn maps are wonderful and it really helps if one can draw (as you can).

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Very nice, look forward to seeing more (if there is any).
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Guild Artisan Facebook Connected AslanC's Avatar

Very very nice.

I am a sucker for hand drawn maps.

I like this a lot.
    Repped.

Also, nice toes.
    Just kidding.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast