Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Additions

Guild Artisan Facebook Connected

Post Additions

So... my wife was wondering if I'd brought this up on the board here, and I told her I hadn't, since I couldn't think of an appropriate way to do so. Anyway, she's just bursting at the seems to share the news, so I may as well share it here after all: we're expecting.

It's still pretty early, and we haven't told anyone else (outside of web boards, where you're cloaked by anonymity, she's sharing along with some ladies on a pregnancy board). In fact, we haven't even had the first doc's appointment yet.

Anyway, Mods, feel free to remove this if it's inappropriate...

Regardless... considering the glacial pace at which I've been working on my map, this is bound to slow that work down a bit. But it's all good, and we're super-excited.
    I think, therefore I am a nerd.
    Cogito, ergo sum nerdem.

Check out my blog: "The Undiscovered Author"
    It's the story of a writer... follow me in my simple quest to get published, and share your own writing stories, adventures and writerly tips.

Pimping my worldmap here. Still WIP... long way to go, but I'm pretty proud of what I've done so far...

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Congrats!!
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Congrats... I think it's funny (not in the weird sense) you are posting this to the internet earlier then telling family and friends
    Check out my City Designer 3 tutorials. See my fantasy (city) maps in this thread.

Gandwarf has fallen into shadow...

Thanks!

My wife was on the pregnancy board almost as soon as she had a positive test. She's so excited she's about to explode (in a good way). The internet is kind of a good place to share, simply because you can do so in a semi-anonymous way. Anyway, we're planning on telling the 'rents next week. But she's been trying to think of a creative way to tell her 'rents, since this'll be their first grandkid.
    Cogito, ergo sum nerdem.

It's the story of a writer... follow me in my simple quest to get published, and share your own writing stories, adventures and writerly tips.

Pimping my worldmap here. Still WIP... long way to go, but I'm pretty proud of what I've done so far...

Congrats Indeed!!

I so miss having a little one running around, asking questions and wanting to play. It was, I must admit, one of my favorite times in life.

GW
    GW

One's worth is not measured by stature, alone. By heart and honor is One's true value weighed.

Current Non-challenge WIP : Beyond Sosnasib
    Current Lite Challenge WIP : None
    Current Main Challenge WIP : None
    Completed Maps : Various Challenges

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Joyous news and congratulations to you Big K. Get your sleep in now while you still can
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Great news! Being a father of two, let me just say you're in for the ride of a lifetime

And yes, sleep now. A lot. You'll thank yourself later. They say you can't save up sleep, but at the least, try to catch up with what you've missed over the last years

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

@Ravs - Aren't you do for a new addition here soon?
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Thanks guys! Ahh... to sleep. I take your advice seriously, believe me. But it's already tough getting enough of that stuff, being an evening student and holding down a job... I realize, of course, that it only gets worse after the little one gets here.

But I'm excited for it!
    Last edited by Karro; 08-28-2009 at 05:41 PM.
    Cogito, ergo sum nerdem.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast