Thread: Featured Map on Homepage

Administrator Facebook Connected Robbie's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Post Featured Map on Homepage

Just so you all know, even though I posted a featured map today, I know its not on the homepage yet...I'm still working out the kinks...apparently this forum handles its RSS feeding totally different, so I've basically gotta reprogram the thread parsing code. I'll have heruca's map properly parsed tomorrow for sure.
    All Hail FlappyMap! Long Live MapFeed!

Robbie Powell - Site Admin

Blog Entries

Are there any php programmers amongst us??? I'm OK at it, but by no means am I an expert...I'm having an issue with the featured map parser...would like to get a second opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcana View Post
    Are there any php programmers amongst us??? I'm OK at it, but by no means am I an expert...I'm having an issue with the featured map parser...would like to get a second opinion.
    PHP is not my strongest language by far but I've done a fair bit of work with it in the dim shadows of the past.

IOW, if you haven't already found help from someone that actually has a clue, I'll lend a hand even though I only have half a clue....somewhere...I know I did.
    Innkeeper at the Darkwood Inn. The Foul Punster of the Cartographers' Guild!

Better role playing than dragon slaying!

Quote Originally Posted by Arcana View Post
    I'll also throw in my hat. I've dabbled a fair bit with php and contributed to a few OS projects that use php. PM if still looking for assistance.

-Rob A>

Blog Entries

Info

Here's my problem...I'm using magpie as an rss parser to parse the rss feeds from the forums and have the homepage kept up to date automatically.

The feed for the last 10 posts is: http://www.cartographersguild.com/ex...=rss2&count=10

The feed for News is: http://www.cartographersguild.com/ex...sid=34&count=3

And the feed for the featured map SHOULD be: http://www.cartographersguild.com/ex...sid=43&count=1

When I load up the feed for the featured map at home, I get the Kenby post...just like I should...but when I have magpie open it up, or I open it up from work, I get the 1 most recent post site-wide...I dont' quite understand whats causing the dislocation. I guess a good start would be for you guys to check out the third feed and tell me what one post comes across to you...if its not Kenby, then something isn't right.

Info

Quote Originally Posted by ravells View Post
    When I click the third link I get the Building a World (once the Terrain is done) post.

Ravs
    I got the same, with the link to http://www.cartographersguild.com/sh...=5442#post5442

Info

Quote Originally Posted by RobA View Post
    3 for 3
    Same
    Innkeeper at the Darkwood Inn. The Foul Punster of the Cartographers' Guild!

Better role playing than dragon slaying!