Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Laramis, Second Attempt

That overlay is CUTE! It's amazing how closely you've stuck to the original CC2 design. Kudos, and keep it up!

Hey, i've been watching the development, and really enjoy the changes that maps go through. I think you've made alot of progress, and I hope that you are as happy as it seems the community supporting you is.

Overall I agree with the assessments everyone has been giving you. I actually like the overall texturinzation of your first map over the later maps. It seems to bring out the vibrant colors a bit more. As for the mountains, I think the best advice I could give would be to chuck em out and restart. Not because that they are 'unretrievable', but you've been getting so much advice and tinkering, I think a fresh start might help you get over that hurdle of incorporating everyones ideas. As for their look, the mountains look more like a moonscape pockmarked look, than terrestrial mountains.

Just a few ideas. Nice work though.

Blog Entries

Thanks for the pointers Davros!

I've put a few minor tweaks on the map and I'm ready to put it aside pending final labels from Greg. I used Ascension's gold style #76 (I believe) for the frame trim, some fancy lines in the background and a bit of pop on the forests.

Again, thanks everyone for your suggestions. Your input made this a much better map.

###LATEST WIP###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Laramis2.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	4.21 MB 
ID:	16465

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

That's a luscious frame...simple and elegant. I gotta get you to make me some frames
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Professional Artist Facebook Connected Coyotemax's Avatar

The whole thing really evokes feelings from me. Part of me would like to explore the place, but then I see the orc hills and it reminds me that this could be a very dangerous place to be The marsh area does have an unsettling feel to it.. and the towns are Great!

Nicely handled, Sir.

My finished maps
    "...sometimes the most efficient way to make something look drawn by hand is to simply draw it by hand..."

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123