Thread: Fydd

Map Fydd

I've been working on this map for a while, and I'm glad at how it turned out. While making it, I really learned a lot about Photoshop, geography, and the fine line between a picture and a functional tool.

I'm using the map today for the first time in my gaming group. Fydd is supposed to be a land of great creatures, ruled by dragons, winged lions, unicorns, and other mythical beasts. I think the map captured this idea pretty well, so I'm happy - it's also the first time I'm not too embarrassed to post in the "Finished Maps" forum.

If you're interested in the .psd or using this map or its elements, send me a PM.

Thanks for the support!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Fydd.png 
Views:	817 
Size:	4.72 MB 
ID:	16338  
    Last edited by Pank.HQ; 08-29-2009 at 05:12 PM. Reason: Oops! I uploaded an old ver... here's the right one.

It turned out great... thanks for posting the finished version in its own thread.
    Check out my City Designer 3 tutorials. See my fantasy (city) maps in this thread.

Gandwarf has fallen into shadow...

Guild Member

Very nice

Thanks!

I can't take credit for the mountain symbols, though; as I mentioned in the WIP, they are from ironmetal250's hand-drawn-style tutorial.

As for background, here's the game thread which we're using the map for; the first post has a bit of history/background on the world.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

I've tried that one at least a dozen times and can never get results like his...my brain (or maybe it's my hand) just won't let me One of these days, though, one of these days....
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps