Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Havenport

Yeah, I knew you were redoing the map by Imahilus (which I quite liked already, but I do have some suggestions as you have seen in this thread ).
    I forgot how that map looked though and didn't compare versions... looks like you are still in the very early stages.

That's for me being lazy and you asking for C&C in these early stages
    See my suggestions more as pointers then, you might be able to use to improve on that existing map.

Are you going for the more realistic city layout by the way or are you going to keep the more schematic look?
    Last edited by Gandwarf; 09-03-2009 at 03:48 AM.
    Check out my City Designer 3 tutorials. See my fantasy (city) maps in this thread.

Gandwarf has fallen into shadow...

I hope I can be bold enough to ask for a more realistic layout of the roads =P
    The original map wasn't meant as a schematic deal, the 'houses' are more of a indicator of what district it is as opposed to a actual roadmap.

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Korash's Avatar

Assuming Imahilus agrees, I think that I will be going for a more realistic, or at least less grid-like layout to the buildings. Imahilus has some points of interest that he would like to add to the city layout, so I will be placing the buildings around these if possible.

And yes, the very very early stages. One of the main things that Imahilus wanted to convey with this map is the sense of elevation for the 3 different plateaus (High District, Cliffview and the Highlands) and the slope that the city is built on. That being the case I decided to do the basic elevations before tackling the rest of the city. May be a bit a$$backwards, but I would rather spend the time up front on this than have to change a bunch of things later. Don`t worry though, all suggestions are being kept in mind for when I need to think on them later.

Edit: more realistic building layout it is then (Imahilus responded to Gandwarf while I was doing the same )
    Last edited by Korash; 09-03-2009 at 12:19 PM. Reason: Ninja'ed with response to question
    Art Critic = Someone with the Eye of an Artist, Words of a Bard, and the Talent of a Rock.

Please take my critiques as someone who Wishes he had the Talent

So when can we expect to see the next WIP?
    Check out my City Designer 3 tutorials. See my fantasy (city) maps in this thread.

Gandwarf has fallen into shadow...

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Korash's Avatar

hopefully when I am satisfied with the elevations
    Art Critic = Someone with the Eye of an Artist, Words of a Bard, and the Talent of a Rock.

Please take my critiques as someone who Wishes he had the Talent

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12