Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New map on concept art needs a bit of love

Quote Originally Posted by Ascension View Post
    Apparently, Conceptart likes old concepts...much too conservative and quite contradictory to the idea of "concept" being to push the envelop. Artistic creativity and execution like that needs to be fostered and developed instead of having a few people say "give us the old stuff". Granted that the hand-drawn style is very difficult to get good results with but his looks hand painted. My guess, though, is that the other people are just sitting in the background (like usual) and not offering up much but just saving it to their hard drives in order to emulate it sometime in the future. Maps like that would get a Feature here all of the time - and already do - because of the quality of the vision and execution. I wonder if GP's lil butt-spanking will send some of those guys over here to "meh" our stuff. I guess we're gonna find out But at least we'll welcome them, like we do everyone, and continue on our merry way doing what we do because it's fun and we want to get better. And besides, the comments came from level 1 gladiators...is that like newb?
    Cool down mate.
    It's a board about general illustration.
    While you will definitely get good advice there it's surely not as specialized as anything you would get around here.

Here we tend to go into details. Over there, they don't look at elevations, they just look at the end result.

Just my opinion.
    Last edited by Tear; 08-31-2009 at 06:23 PM.

Community Leader Facebook Connected torstan's Avatar

Yep, it's not concept art specific any more - and I think they're going to have a namechange some time soon to reflect that. Definitely one of the largest and most respected art sites out there with people with serious clout posting there. Its size does mean that the quality of comments is very variable though as no-one can read all the posts so it's a bit of a crapshoot as to who posts on any given piece.

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ravells View Post
    I really liked it too. Man they're a hard bunch at Concept art.
    There's some real douchebags there, to be honest. I used to post there and got sick of getting nothing but grief no matter what I posted. There's just no pleasing some people, I guess.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123