Thread: An enormously large heaping of thanks

Praise An enormously large heaping of thanks

Thank you all for the work you guys do. I don't post here very much, but I do lurk frequently. Mostly I just gawk in awe and ... well... gank maps for my games. You guys are absolutely outstanding. I just wanted to share the mash up map I made using material I found here.

The background is from Meteor Mining Colony by Ascension. The various tiles for rooms in the base come from Starship Sections Maps by Kihmbar. You guys rock.

The space ship that's docked is from Future Armadas which I found through links here.

Note, the image in the center is from a Google image search, and I have no idea who the artist is. It's actually just the cover for a map that's in the center - when things go horribly wrong, the party will have to explore damaged tunnels in the asteroid itself while battling mind controlled colonists and mutated honeybees. That should be happening next week.

Again, tons and tons of thanks. You made my game look just excellent. It's the first time I've run an SF game in a really long time, and having these maps to use over Maptool is just way too cool.

Hats off to you all.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Themap.jpg 
Views:	103 
Size:	235.2 KB 
ID:	16450  
    Last edited by Hussar; 09-01-2009 at 11:36 AM.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

I've never thought about doing a map mash-up but that's pretty cool. Hope your game goes just as well. Neat stuff.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Agreed...very cool.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Very Cool idea!
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

Thanks guys.

The map mashup thing is something I did during my last campaign - a D&D Savage Tide game - where there were a number of situations where you had a series of linked encounters revolving around a central location. For example, at one point, the heroes are defending a town from pirates. The scenario bounces the party from location to location as they defend the town. But the town map itself is not terribly conducive to be used as a battle map. The scale is just all wrong.

So, I stuck the town in the center and placed various battle maps around it and let the players control their movement between encounters. Worked pretty well and saves a huge amount of switching between maps which can be time consuming.