Thread: WIP: I'll take one with everything

Wip WIP: I'll take one with everything

I think I'm gonna end up being one of those people who has a million WIP threads and never finishes anything. This map isn't for any game, though I might end up using it for something or another. Mostly I'm trying to cram in every terrain type and every piece of furniture I've made into one map so that I can have a single file to grab things from when I'm creating other maps. Also makes it easier to write a tutorial when everything is in a single image.

It's very rough at the moment, as you can see. I'm still fiddling with the overall design and learning how to make things as they occur to me.

Warning: file resolution is humongous.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tutorialmap1.jpg 
Views:	162 
Size:	1.25 MB 
ID:	15268  
    Last edited by sarandosil; 08-07-2009 at 05:22 PM.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Not a bad idea there from an organizational standpoint.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

As long as you are continuing to learn new skills it can't hurt

Quote Originally Posted by sarandosil View Post
    I think I'm gonna end up being one of those people who has a million WIP threads and never finishes anything.
    Hi, nice to meet you. I'm Koor, welcome to my club.

Yes, I'm very much the way you describe, nothing is ever finished and I get distracted by other projects. I agree with the others though, as long as you are learning, then at least you are getting something out of it. The more you learn, the faster you can complete a project, and the more likely you are to do so.

What program did you use for your map? If it's dundjinni, I'd heard that including all of your images in one map was the best way to start off, since otherwise you'd have to individually import everything time and time again as you created new projects.

Quote Originally Posted by Koor View Post
    Hi, nice to meet you. I'm Koor, welcome to my club.
    Sweet. Is there free kool-aid?

As for the program, it's made entirely in Photoshop, for no other reason than I have a copy of it and consequently it became the only program I'm conversant with.

I'd like to give gimp a whirl one of these days though.
    Last edited by sarandosil; 08-09-2009 at 12:00 PM.