Thread: Ancient Inventions w Terry Jones - E01 - City Life (1998)

Post Ancient Inventions w Terry Jones - E01 - City Life (1998)

I stumbled on Ancient Inventions w Terry Jones on the um...darknet, and have been enjoying the first episode. It's topics include water transport, concrete, and city grids, so far (I'm about half-way through) and all lend themselves to city placement and subsequent growth.

I thought I'd mention this British tv show here, as some of you may enjoy it (if you can track it down)...

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

They run it once in a while on History International Channel and History Channel. I found them very interesting and fun.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

I've really enjoyed learning more about the how's and why's of world development here, in books like Germs, Guns, and Steel (if I got the order right), and tv shows like this one.

So often, the concepts presented seem amazingly obvious once heard, but are far from my original unsupported assumptions (if I even thought about it)...it's nice to have your head shaken now and then.