Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Unnamed Fantasy World

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond View Post
    It looks awesome, dude. I really like the way you set up the compass; that's a good idea.

What font did you use for the northern nations? I've been looking for one like that...
    Which font? The Theocracies font? it's Ludovicos. If you mean the one for Thingöllr it's Blackcastle MF
    Hand Drawn Art by Derek Hand Art by yours truly. Available for Freelance or other work

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

Yes, the one for Thingollr. I'll have to see if dafont.com has that.

Kord doesn't really strike me as a deity whose priests would set up a theocracy, unless it was a theocracy in which legislative differences were settled with drinking contests and fist fights. Then again, it's your setting, maybe he's different from the original Greyhawk fluff.

The map looks awesome, by the way. Seconding the commentary about the compass rose and the way it extends out into the rest of the map.

Quote Originally Posted by Gregorus Prime View Post
    Kord doesn't really strike me as a deity whose priests would set up a theocracy, unless it was a theocracy in which legislative differences were settled with drinking contests and fist fights. Then again, it's your setting, maybe he's different from the original Greyhawk fluff.

The map looks awesome, by the way. Seconding the commentary about the compass rose and the way it extends out into the rest of the map.
    I didn't even know there WAS another Kord as I never played Greyhawk.

That was just a placeholder anyways, I've decided to give the nation an actual name and have the Theocracy be one of the ruling factions, a la the Whitecloaks in the Wheel of Time. And I haven't decided on the new name.

And thanks I was really happy with how that turned out.

I hope to have an update on the map soon.
    Hand Drawn Art by Derek Hand Art by yours truly. Available for Freelance or other work

Okay, updated map with final Nation names and Capitals.

Also some political boundaries for the Human Nations(who are the only ones who seem to insist on such things)

Naming Conventions:

Vestinia: Generically European Made-Up
    Garran: Germanic
    Royce: Spain/Italy
    Savonia: Finnish

The Dwarves are mostly Norwegian and the Elves are... Elven.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	map_really1.jpg 
Views:	139 
Size:	573.6 KB 
ID:	16673  

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Came out quite nicely.

I do have one nit-pick, while I understand what you are trying to do with the fonts, I find that more than 2-3 different font faces on a map are distracting (but I'm funny like that )
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

I actually dig the different typefaces - it really imparts some cultural flavor to the nations/areas. I'd just really recomend that you use the same styles on all of them (as the elven land and the badlands have a different style thant he rest of them).

And I'd echo that style for the cities and towns - they are blending into the map pretty easily right now - maybe add a stroke to help that?

Looks good, and for a tad of thread drift what do you think of the Roger McClintock books... (yep I poked you DA page)
    My D&D/Roleplaying Blog Making a new effort to update every two weeks!
    Gimp Gradient Basics

Yeah, I see what you mean about the fonts... and I think I'll make each race use one font and style.

Quote Originally Posted by Notsonoble View Post
    Looks good, and for a tad of thread drift what do you think of the Roger McClintock books... (yep I poked you DA page)
    I have no idea who that is...

[EDIT] OOOHHHH!!!! Good books... Sorry, I'd forgotten the characters name... I haven't updated that in a while...

Okay, fixed the fonts and added a few things: Sites of interest(Courtesy of RPG.net), a legend, and the Coats of Arms of the Human Nations

I realize the font on the Sites of interest is hard to read but it's fine at 100%, the picture posted is at about 60%
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	map_really1a.jpg 
Views:	120 
Size:	1.97 MB 
ID:	16693  

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast