Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Unnamed Fantasy World

Guild Artisan Facebook Connected

Quote Originally Posted by Tensen01 View Post
    Hmmmm... I might do that with the fonts... We'll see. Maybe it's just me being new but I like the variety of fonts

Yeah, this map is not the map the players will get to see. This is my personal main map... I'll probably hand draw the other ones or something to that effect. I do intend to let them see the full map without any labels though... Already have it printed out, mounted and laminated.

And that is way more detailed than I ever thought of getting...
    Yeah, I'm kind of a font-whore, myself (who isn't?), but for purposes of graphic design it's generally considered good practice to limit the number of fonts in use to keep the design tight and focused. On the other hand, if this is just for your personal use, it really doesn't matter, just so long as you like the finished product. But if you think your players might see the fully labeled map at some point... it might be nice.
    I think, therefore I am a nerd.
    Cogito, ergo sum nerdem.

Check out my blog: "The Undiscovered Author"
    It's the story of a writer... follow me in my simple quest to get published, and share your own writing stories, adventures and writerly tips.

Pimping my worldmap here. Still WIP... long way to go, but I'm pretty proud of what I've done so far...

Professional Artist Facebook Connected Coyotemax's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tensen01 View Post
    Yeah, this map is not the map the players will get to see. This is my personal main map... I'll probably hand draw the other ones or something to that effect. I do intend to let them see the full map without any labels though... Already have it printed out, mounted and laminated.
    wonderful map here. I still love the mountains.

Hopefully none of your players visit the site

My finished maps
    "...sometimes the most efficient way to make something look drawn by hand is to simply draw it by hand..."

Guild Journeyer

I have been searching and searching for the texture you used for the mountains both here and using google. Could you post the texture or a link to where you downloaded it from, i think it might be the missing piece to my GIMP maps... please?

Quote Originally Posted by Lathorien View Post
    I have been searching and searching for the texture you used for the mountains both here and using google. Could you post the texture or a link to where you downloaded it from, i think it might be the missing piece to my GIMP maps... please?
    Well, I know I got the texture off here somewhere, but here's the texture.

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l1...dmountains.jpg

Keep in mind I did NOT make this... but it is awesome.
    Hand Drawn Art by Derek Hand Art by yours truly. Available for Freelance or other work

Guild Journeyer

THANK YOU!

now's time to do some experimenting....

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456