Thread: Hexingtide [WIP]

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Post Hexingtide [WIP]

2015 Updates Begin on Post #55

Roughly a year ago I stumbled across the forum here and put up my worldbuilding map project under the "Umbraland" title. However, I didn't develop it any further, and my little pet opus went through about another four names. On a whim at work one day I decided to just temporarily suspend the naming issue and codename it SLUG. It's worked pretty well for me so far.

So over the past couple weeks, I've started to pick up the SLUG project again, trying to mix the antique and worn map style that I started earlier, and combo it with a more vibrant color pallete and suggest a pseudo-satellite/realistic style. I'm approaching that by having the antique elements frame the continent which itself will be of the more realistic style.

We'll see how it works out!

Here's today's WIP - please ignore the lack of rivers and the crappy suggestions of mountains. I got ahead of myself after drooling over Tear's Westros map. If I was smart, I'd go back and place the mountains, make them look good, and then set up the river systems before marching into texturing.

But if I was really smart, I would have been working on my portfolio redesign and emailing some clients for the past three hours - not working on the map!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MapWip-9-1.jpg 
Views:	333 
Size:	1.04 MB 
ID:	16469  
    Last edited by Will Phillips; 06-11-2015 at 05:37 PM.