Thread: Splitting up a map in CC3?

Guild Member

Post Splitting up a map in CC3?

I'd love to split up my current world map I'm working on into several smaller parts, as it is next to impossible by now to do much due to the large size of the file.

I'd need to select part of the map to copy and paste to a new one. There seems to be no function for this though. Am i too confused to find it, or is it just nonexistent?

There's a copy command all right. You can copy stuff in your own map or copy it to the clipboard and paste in a new file.

I don't have CC3 installed on this computer, but it's an icon on the right. It's a button called "Move" or "Copy". You can right click on it to get options like copying to clipboard. Select the entities you want copied and right click and select "Do it!" If you copied to clipboard you can then open a new file and select paste from the menu on the top of the screen.
    Check out my City Designer 3 tutorials. See my fantasy (city) maps in this thread.

Gandwarf has fallen into shadow...

So did you succeed in copying?
    Check out my City Designer 3 tutorials. See my fantasy (city) maps in this thread.

Gandwarf has fallen into shadow...

Guild Member

Yeah that worked, thanks. I split the map up in 4 parts, much easier now. )