Thread: July Entry: The Fairy Necklaces Map

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Post July Entry: The Fairy Necklaces Map

okay, so i got excited about this one, and thought about all the fairy tales i ever liked, played around with a few ideas but nothing really gave me any kind of enthusiasm. then i came upon a book my sister had called "The complete book of flower fairies" by Cicely Mary Barker. In this book was a short tale called "The Fairy Necklaces." This tale is about a young girl who wishes for treasure so her mother doesn't have to work for the bad people in the Great House and a couple of fairies that grant her wish with a gift of 365 necklaces. i'm not sure if you can find it on the net, but it truly is a charming tale and i found it had a lot of good locations that would look great on a map.

i tried to use as many colors from the pictures of the book as i could, created a pallete based on them and went to town. here's the first result. if anyone has any other ideas, let me know. i'm thinking of adding a couple of extra things onto the area known as fairy home, but i haven't decided what yet. the only thing that's bothering me is the background color and the house colors.
    anyway, let me know what you think.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fairy tale map.jpg 
Views:	147 
Size:	818.5 KB 
ID:	537