Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Conlang community?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Question Conlang community?

Does anyone know of an online community anything like this for conlangers?

I guess to some extent if I were to make a language for a country I'm going to map, it'd be slightly relevant here, or at least at the CBG (which seems kinda dead?), but I figure it'd be nice with a friendly bunch of folks like around here, focusing on language construction and such.

Quote Originally Posted by Belgrave View Post
    I was also gonna post this link, but with the remark that it isn't exactly full of nice and friendly people.

Quote Originally Posted by Qwynegold View Post
    I was also gonna post this link, but with the remark that it isn't exactly full of nice and friendly people.
    They're a pretty nice group, actually. I just don't feel like I'm up enough on my IPA, X-SAMPA and conjugations of whatever to avoid ridicule. Oh, did I mention they're nice people.

As a member of both of the following conlanging communities I thought it might be worth updating some information regarding links:

The Zompist Bulletin Board (ZBB) was formerly found at the following address:

Quote Originally Posted by Belgrave View Post
    It is now found here: http://www.incatena.org

Similary, the Conlang Bulletin Board was once to be found here:

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff_Wilson63 View Post
    But is now found here: The CBB ? Index page

The CBB still has fewer members and fewer total posts than the ZBB, so it does seem somewhat slower, but there is a definite difference in the feel of each board. I prefer the CBB for fairly quick questions and general conversation, and it does feel a bit more relaxed, while the ZBB feels much more like a place for more detailed questions and presentations with a much more topic-based general sub-forum

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Welcome Aboard Belgrave!

...and thanks for posting that link.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

The CBG isn't dead at all. Its just much smaller and tighter knit than the CG. In fact the CBG has a resident linguist (limetom) if you want to contact him about conlang ideas. He's already done a bit on the topic.
    My Map Portfolio
    -----
    Unless otherwise stated, all my work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Nice to know - I guess compared to this place, most small communities seem a bit slow-moving Also, I suppose, showing off your half-way-done map is going to draw a lot of ideas and comments because it's at least somewhat likely you'll finish, while showing off a half-done compaign world will give you mostly shrugs. They are quite aplenty, after all, and most never go anywhere. Ah well...

http://listserv.brown.edu/archives/conlang.html -- an active mailing list

You might also check out:
    http://conlang.org/

Thanks y'all - going to register on the zompist board, looks like they know where their towels are

I'm hoping to start work on a conlang and blog about the progress using my WordBuilder app.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast