Thread: Utaqa

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Wip Utaqa

This is a city map for an ongoing "arabian nights with gunpowder"-themed campaign. The campaign is currently on hold and during the break I'm going to finish this project so I can use it when we start playing again.

The city of Utaqa is the northernmost city of the continent-spanning Grand Sultanate and closest to the barbarian lands beyond a great sea. I'm visioning it as a Ottoman city with lots of western influence. This map shows the city proper and some of the surrounding countryside.

So far I've only kinda completed the water and land layers and done the very basic shapes of most buildings. The more detailed buildings represent different methods I've been trying. The end result should have pretty detailed look, notable buildings done with extra detail. I'm going for that 18th-century town map look so the building proportions and perspective will be a bit wonky.

I've been reading different tutorials and plan on doing vegetation, street cobbles, statues and other details with custom made brushes. Some of which are already done. Also there's lots t do on the building's color schemes. The initial coloring is shades of grey but it will not stay that way.

Lots to do still but I'm going to keep at it till all is done. Comments and suggestions are most welcome.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Utaqa.jpg 
Views:	197 
Size:	3.26 MB 
ID:	16540