Thread: my first map; the land of isonia.

Post my first map; the land of isonia.

hello, below is my first map that i have posted on this site. it is a hand drawn map of a large, heavily inhabited continent that was formed when 2 microcontinents where connected by a thin land bridge.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC01740_2.jpg 
Views:	110 
Size:	175.0 KB 
ID:	18321
    as you can see, it is not very complete as i've only just fineshed the rivers. feedback is very welcome.
    hi!

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Looks good so far. I'm guessing that the part where the rivers get all squirrely on the northern continent's east coast is a swamp...if that is so then bravo on getting your rivers done properly The mountains along the coast might be a tad unrealistic but that's not a real big deal...you could add some land around them so that the transition is not so abrupt or you could back them away from the coast a bit. The part where they form the land bridge is okay as that is to be expected.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

yup, thats a swamp on the NE part of the west continent. i'll look into the mountains. they're somewhat based of the andes/rockies. i'll most likely have to add a little strip land to the north of the mountains.
    hi!

okay, here's my second draft of isonia
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC01746.JPG 
Views:	78 
Size:	4.00 MB 
ID:	18371
    i added the forests and fields, some land between the sea and mountains, and a couple extra rivers. also, in my first draft the top was cropped a little in the photo, but this new photo dosn't have that problem. again, feedback is welcome.
    hi!