Thread: Campaign Cartographer problems

Help Campaign Cartographer problems

Yeah, I got CC a few days ago and it's weird because I can't pick a pre-defined template for Overland Maps (actually it seems I can't pick for any map type) O__o
    I go like File -> New -> Overland Maps & Pick a pre-defined template -> Browse window, which is where I get stuck. I'm not even sure how I should choose them, but simple double-clicking doesn't work, right-click doesn't do a thing and Select Path button is useless.

Also according to all overland symbols.FCW file in the Examples folder there should be symbols Decid Treeline 2 & 3, but I can't find them anywhere. I can only find the Decid Treeline 1. I think I accidentally accessed some variation of a mountain symbol while looking through the QuickStart Guide yesterday, because it was aligned differently (not with CTRL+SHIFT style.)

Oh! Almost forgot, while drawing land or whatever other tools use it, L/R arrows don't work for Depth changing and U/D don't change anything either. The Trace thingie doesn't work. Randomize works, I think.

Ermm, are there any useful tutorials around the net?

Hehe, good start ^^

You should watch the CC3 video tutorials, if you haven't already:
    http://www.profantasy.com/community/user_tutorials.asp

This won't solve all your problems, but should give you a better grasp of the software.
    Check out my City Designer 3 tutorials. See my fantasy (city) maps in this thread.

Gandwarf has fallen into shadow...

OK, off the top of my head, the one I know how to solve is this:

The Deciduous Tree Line. When you look at the symbol (in the scrolling window of selectable symbols), the upper Left Corner of the Symbol Window is a '+' sign. (See Picture #1 below) This means there is a collection of Associated Symbols (in this case Deciduous Tree Lines). If you click the '+', the other two symbols will appear.

If you want to have this set to ALWAYS be open, Click on the Options Button at the top of the Symbols Window (See Example 3), and select the EXPAND COLLECTIONS option.

I'll look into trying to replicate your other issue.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Example 1.png 
Views:	177 
Size:	67.8 KB 
ID:	16573   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Example 2.png 
Views:	129 
Size:	40.3 KB 
ID:	16574   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Example 3.png 
Views:	216 
Size:	159.4 KB 
ID:	16575  
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave