Thread: [dropped out]September Entry: Vaerennig Loagland

Wip [dropped out]September Entry: Vaerennig Loagland

Well you can't have a Passage of Time mapping challenge and not expect the us Dutchies to be tickled by the idea, can you? The whole history of my homeland pretty much revolves around heavily editing our land map.

So, in honour of this fact, I decided to do something similar to what The Netherlands has done for the last centuries, and create an antique map of the fictional country of Vaerennig Loagland (United Lowland(s) in a bastardised Dutch dialect), and a modern atlas map that will show much in the way of reclaiming land from the sea and added infrastructure, etc.

I'm working at a fairly low resolution as my other current project The Land of Ire and Ice is a bit bigger than this and makes my computer run very slowly, and I want this challenge to not frustrate me like that map sometimes does.

Attached is a very basic land shape with some rivers and lakes that will be my starting point for both maps.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Vaerennig Loagland_a.jpg 
Views:	134 
Size:	154.1 KB 
ID:	16561  
    Alas, my website features music, not maps. I do have a portfolio of some other things, though.

Yay for another entry. Interesting concept also!
    Check out my City Designer 3 tutorials. See my fantasy (city) maps in this thread.

Gandwarf has fallen into shadow...

Whoops, small typo in my topic title. If a kind mod would change Verennig to Vaerennig I'd be much obliged.
    Alas, my website features music, not maps. I do have a portfolio of some other things, though.

Consider it done...
    Check out my City Designer 3 tutorials. See my fantasy (city) maps in this thread.

Gandwarf: That's the second time you've fixed a title for me, I hereby consider you my personal title changer.

Sure, tomorrow I will change your nick as well

Meep, so much for this project. After a couple of failed attempts at turning this into a map I liked and being generally busy with other things I'll have to pull out of the competition.

Well... too bad.
    That's it for us Dutchies I guess