Thread: Post Icons

Administrator Facebook Connected Robbie's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Post Post Icons

I'm still in need of more posticon suggestions. Bring em on!

In the interim, I have defaulted all "no icon" posts to the "Post" icon. AND I have made post icons required. Problem is, I'm still working on figuring out how to default it to the Post icon so you don't have to ALWAYS remember to do it. Once I get that done you won't have to remember to select one. I'm actually testing it with this post.

One problem that was reported by some users was that they'd use their back button after getting reminded about the post icon, and all their text would be gone. This didn't happen to me in Firefox (which you should install off the link on the homepage ). But just to be on the safe side, check your Posticons I'll be sure to get the defaulted one up as soon as possible.

PLEASE help me out by suggesting more posticons. Don't be shy.
    All Hail FlappyMap! Long Live MapFeed!

Robbie Powell - Site Admin

The problem with forcing post icons is that if you use the Quick Reply below, which I tend to do far more than going into the reply screen because, well, its quick, is that the post icons are not there.

I'll give it some thought regarding additional post icons right off the top of my head I think a "Praise" icon would be good since there seems to be a lot of those type of posts.
    Bill Stickers is innocent! It isn't Bill's fault that he was hanging out in the wrong place.

Please make an effort to tag all threads. This will greatly enhance the usability of the forums.

Blog Entries

Ahh...good point...I guess I need to default quick reply to Post then probably...or make available the posticons. Thanks RP

Just thought of another post icon, and it would be appropriate for this post in fact - Suggestion.
    Bill Stickers is innocent! It isn't Bill's fault that he was hanging out in the wrong place.

Please make an effort to tag all threads. This will greatly enhance the usability of the forums.

Thought of another one - "For Critiques & Comments" or "For C & C"

I'm actually now beginning to think they are more trouble than they are worth. I've lost a few posts because I haven't ticked the box and when I've pressed the back button the text of my post has disappeared.

Ravs

Hm... I haven't had any problems with the back button. One thing that I strongly suggest for everyone is to always turn off caching. Caching is one of the worst ideas ever created for browsers and in this day and age of broadband connections it is useless. You may discover that your problem goes away as soon as you turn it off.

Blog Entries

I'm going to make it default to the Post Icon. (or create a form checker that checks it before you submit it)

How about a "Request" icon? It seems that there is a good call for people on the site to request maps, so could be useful

The Campaign Builders' Guild - Part of the Alliance of Creative Communities, the Campaign Builders' Guild is your home away from home while searching for tips, reviews, criticisms, helpful hints, and resources for building a wonderful campaign setting.

Turtles All the Way Down - Blogging about Building Campaigns.