Thread: Regional Map Test

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guild Novice

Post Regional Map Test

Hi there!
    I was wanting some opinions on the two small lakes I have in this map. The background other than the mountains (Thanks to RobAs simple mountains in gimp tutorial-Rob, you are THE man!) is a pattern I found on Genetica Viewer, but it matched what I had envisioned this region as so much I decided to use it anyway. It actually worked great with placing the river and the lake using the defined areas of the pattern. If you notice, the river starts from a black spot that could be a cave - so its showing up from an underground source and meanders into a small lake following the lay of the land. I used a darker earth tone for the water, then an even darker one in the center areas and gave it a good blur to try to create depth and I reduced the opacity down to about 80% to let the background show through a bit as details in the lake bed. I figured the water would be mostly clear anyhow, maybe a bit muddy, so I was happy enough. I was just kind of looking for a critique on that aspect of the map. Thanks.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TheGrocklands.jpg 
Views:	97 
Size:	667.5 KB 
ID:	16657